Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to make a suggestion and that is to implement a new rule being you need atleast 50 posts to view the media. I say this cause stupid ass noobs come and block great media that I take my time to upload for this great site and it takes away from the people that really want to see it.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I dont think thats a great idea. It means that the other noobs that really want to download medias have to wait till 50 posts?

Those that really want to leech, can just increase their posts and just remove your files from the yousendit servers. Thats not going to work. I suppose the best way is to identify the people who removed it and ban them.

·
Banned
976 Posts
Alright, this has been suggested before and has been put down. If you don't want people taking your media and leaving no replies, then use the hide tags. Isn't that what they are there for, right? Anyways, if you needed certain post to get to media then there would be more spam and when they get to that amount of posts needed, they will probably just stop posting.

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
It would just junk up the wrestling forums with "hell yeah" posts. I understand your point but think about it, not everyone is going to think "hmm I might make a good contribution for a couple of weeks to get my 50 posts" They'll just piss everybody off. Do you know how to use the hide tags? I think BDV1 had a thread somewhere explaining them. Hide tags are the best way to stop the leeching.

:edit: If you know they are doing it, you could move the file and edit your thread with the new URL, then the newbie would be posting dead links?

N

·
0 Posts
Like I said, just PM me people who are deleting the files. Even if you don't know for sure, just let me know. If it's the wrong person, oh well. I'll eventually get him or them.

·
Something Good Can Work
4,030 Posts
Bad idea, because n00bs will just post pointless crap and SPAM to get the amount of posts to view media.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Yeah, you might get people replying unnecessarily to threads that had been done and dusted.

Oh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts