Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this seems a little irrelevant but I was looking up a few guys on wikipedia as well as googling them, and it struck me as odd that they list Eddie Guerrero at 5'8" Chavo at 5'9" and both Colons at 5'10"

I can't really find any good side by sides of Eddie and Chavo, but I'm pretty sure I remember Eddie being taller than Chavo...

Same for Carlito being taller than Primo. I could be wrong, and maybe it's because Carlito is a tad thinner, but I always picture Carlito as somewhat noticeably taller than Primo.

Again this isn't a super important topic, I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this as well, or even some more extreme cases?

(I know I'll probably end up with a couple flames for making this topic)

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
Sounds weird, but Carlito'shair may have had something to do with it. IDK I thought carlito was taller to but maybe because we just never really try and notice that aspect.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Billed heights are all wrong.

Orton @ 6'4" is correct, but then they have Cena at 6'1" (he's actually about 6'0") and christian (shorter than cena) billed @ 6'2"

it doesnt make sense.

factor in that a lot of WWE guys wear 2" lifts, and a lot of them are not as tall as you think

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Carlito did seem a little taller than Primo but I never really noticed a height difference between Eddie and Chavo. But WWE does list most of the wrestlers as being a taller than they actually are, I wouldn't be suprised if they billed Hornswaggle as being 5'9.

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
Billed heights are all wrong.

Orton @ 6'4" is correct, but then they have Cena at 6'1" (he's actually about 6'0") and christian (shorter than cena) billed @ 6'2"

it doesnt make sense.

factor in that a lot of WWE guys wear 2" lifts, and a lot of them are not as tall as you think
This.

·
Registered
560 Posts
ya, Im with you. Whenever I read the heights of wrestlers im always a little curious about how exaggerated they are. The best example is Kane look at him over the years and how he gets taller and shorter. Another one is the big show. I know he's a big guy but honestly he doesn't seem as monstrous as he was back in the day in terms of height.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Heights and weights are doctored to add to a gimmick. "7 feet tall and five hundred pounds" sounds a lot more impressive than "6 feet 10 and 380 pounds".

·
Registered
835 Posts
Big show is the only legit billed big man at 7 foot 500 pounds.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Kozlov is billed at 6'8, where billed 6'2 Regal is a bit bigger than him.
Rock is billed as 6'5 and Orton billed at 6'4 is 1.5 inches taller than him.
Sheamus billed at 6'6, Barrett billed at 6'5 has about 3 - 3.5 inches on him.

WWE's height billings are stupid sometimes.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Christian standing in the ring with Cena (looks a bit taller than Cena)

Christian standing in the ring with Steve Austin (Also looking a bit taller than Steve Austin)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Well it's Gimmick thing. And with big guys they can do that cause you can't really see it good on TV. HHH is billed at 6'4 when he is barely 6'2. And so on. Normaly you have to take a inch away and you have it right.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Christian standing in the ring with Cena (looks a bit taller than Cena)

Christian standing in the ring with Steve Austin (Also looking a bit taller than Steve Austin)
When they had their rap battle, cena had 1/2" on christian (perhaps he didnt have his lifts on)

Cena is 6'0" -6'.05" Christian is 5'11-5'11.5"

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
When they had their rap battle, cena had 1/2" on christian (perhaps he didnt have his lifts on)

Cena is 6'0" -6'.05" Christian is 5'11-5'11.5"
Huh? I'm pretty sure Christian is a legit 6'1. Cena's probably just a shade over 6 feet.

Koslov is no taller than 6'2. Sheamus is probably 6'3 at the most. Barrett looks more like 6'6.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
So is it just usually the shorter guys like who wear the lifts to make themselves appear taller? Or big guys like Big Show and Kane just to add more inches to their billed heights? Or both?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Kane certainly wears lifts, I remember at King of the Ring 1999 he got into Big Show's face, and Show is about 6'11.5 - 7'0. He was only 1 - 1.5 inches shorter, when his real height is around 6'8ish.

·
Banned
1,747 Posts
Huh? I'm pretty sure Christian is a legit 6'1. Cena's probably just a shade over 6 feet.

Koslov is no taller than 6'2. Sheamus is probably 6'3 at the most. Barrett looks more like 6'6.
christian is not over 6 feet, compare him to edge, who is what, 6'4"? edge towers over christian by more than 2-3inches. also compare christian to the likes of angle, jericho etc(all under 6'0") he's barely taller than them

see this vid where they both dont have shoes (so no lifts) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DPiRgLLw4

Celebheights has Y2J as 5'9.5" so i'd buy christian at 2 inches taller, but no more

1 - 20 of 24 Posts