Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remember the time when Cena was telling everybody who would listen the reason's that he doesn't like Rock. Well I was looking back at Cena's promo he cut on Rock the night after Elimination Chamber and started to ponder what if Cena did that promo against Lesnar instead of Rock. Everyone has a different opinion on how the Cena/Rock build-up should have been which is understandable. Instead of portraying Rock as the legend he is and revolving the story around Cena becoming Immortal by beating him they instead choose to play up the outsider angle and market it as Us vs. Mainstream America?NO BUENO! They should've played the outsider angle with Brock considering UFC is a direct competitor with the WWE. If Cena said all those things he said about Rock to Lesnar I truly believe without a doubt people would respect him more.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
I doubt since his character is one of the main reasons some dont like him.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt since his character is one of the main reasons some dont like him.
I understand that, but you remember him saying things like Rock don't give a damn if the WWE closes, Rock only comes there to promote things (keep in mind Lesnar has a sponsorship deal in his contract), he only cares about himself, etc..... These are the reasons why he so called doesn't respect Rock. Brock has trashed the WWE in numerous interviews while in the UFC and even in his return promo he stated he doesn't give a damn about the fans because he's only there to make money and kick ass. Those statements alone should've had MR. WWE up an arms about a "Visitor" saying those things in a WWE platform.

·
Eating Doritos In My Mom's Basement. A Crawl Space
1,398 Posts
I agree somewhat, but the more they hype Lesnar's time in UFC the more ridiculous it seems that Cena could actually beat him.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Im just going to cut in and say that in 2012 - the rock cena promos ewere good enough for me and wrestlemania was epic..cheers

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Cena didn't mean a word he said, he just wanted to draw the one of his favorites back into the ring as it was his dream match.
This much is true. Which is why it came off so silly imo. They tried though. All of his arguments with Rock should have been in a feud with Brock as it fits much better. Plus, Brock is a heel so he embraces all that stuff (leaving, doing it for money, not caring about anyone but himself etc.)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
This much is true. Which is why it came off so silly imo. They tried though. All of his arguments with Rock should have been in a feud with Brock as it fits much better. Plus, Brock is a heel so he embraces all that stuff (leaving, doing it for money, not caring about anyone but himself etc.)
It made the mic work uncomfortable between the two rather than it being two guys having fun segments ripping on their characters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts