Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Buried by the man with three H's
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else think that Cena's two minutes in the ring, saying about April 29th, was a bit overly poetic?

Below, is typed word for word of what he said before Laurinaitis made his appearance.

On April 29th, I face a man who is not stepping in the ring to win. Brock Lesnar has won everything there is to win.

On April 29th, I step into the ring with a man whose soul purpose on this planet, is to end and replace ME.

You heard from Brock Lesnar tonight, he said I was afraid.

He's right.

I know what he is, I know what he's capable of, but if you show me a fearless man, I will show you a liar, on April 29th, I will fight.

The most viscous man, in the most brutal match, April 29th, I will fight.

Fear can be overcome, time will heal all wounds, April 29th, I will fight.

And if I am walking into Chicago, at Extreme Rules, to take the biggest ass whuppin' of my life, I don't care... I... WILL... FIGHT!!
Why couldn't he be interrupted mid-poem/promo?

·
Registered
828 Posts
I lost my focus while he was talking, he wasn't bad but I've heard it all before, then at the end he just seemed to shout.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
It was more like.. bla bla bla bla bla bla.. smile.. bla bla bla bla bla.. smile.. bla bla bla bla another smile.

Nothing that he says interests me.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
It was more like.. bla bla bla bla bla bla.. smile.. bla bla bla bla bla.. smile.. bla bla bla bla another smile.

Nothing that he says interests me.
You can't read that promo and tell me it's trash. I'm sorry. That is great content that's well written and was delivered well.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
You can't read that promo and tell me it's trash. I'm sorry. That is great content that's well written and was delivered well.
Nothing wrong with the delivery or content, but when you think about it its the same old shit he has been saying for years. Each week everyone knows what Cena will say, its just noise now. His promos have no impact now. Atleast not for me.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Nothing wrong with the delivery or content, but when you think about it its the same old shit he has been saying for years. Each week everyone knows what Cena will say, its just noise now. His promos have no impact now. Atleast not for me.
That argument seems a bit redundant these days considering that his last feud with Rock was different to all his feuds before that as it actually DID matter, it DID mean everything to him. It's the same now, what Cena is saying now is no different to what he says normally but it actually matters with Brock.

That's why I don't think it's fair to be calling him out and saying that promo was bad because when you look at the context of the feud and see what he said was great. People are just hating for the sake of hating. No surprise.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
That argument seems a bit redundant these days considering that his last feud with Rock was different to all his feuds before that as it actually DID matter, it DID mean everything to him. It's the same now, what Cena is saying now is no different to what he says normally but it actually matters with Brock.

That's why I don't think it's fair to be calling him out and saying that promo was bad because when you look at the context of the feud and see what he said was great. People are just hating for the sake of hating. No surprise.
well your right about that sometimes haters are just going to hate truthfully.

Idk I just really didn't get struck by his performance or the content of it really, just didnt strike a chord. Probs just me.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
im just waiting the ass whooping Cena gets at Extreme Rules, there was nothing wrong with his promo but nothing special either

·
Registered
348 Posts

That's absolute crap mate. No one is hating Cena for the sake of hating. They're hating because Cena is boring. His promos have become a piss break. All he does is spurt poetic nonsense then start yelling. A shit promo is a shit promo no matter how well it's delivered.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
I like Cena's angry promos. So much better then his happy go lucky shit

·
Registered
8,499 Posts

Yea.. It did matter to him? Really? I dont think so. Cena lost clean to The Rock in a match that was supposed to be the biggest match of his life, he said if he lose that match he will lose everything and now a few weeks later everything is pretty normal, there is no change in character, and it seems he doesnt even remember about his loss. He still constantly smiles and acts like everything is good. Thats just stupid and I dont blame Cena for it but I just cant take him or his repetitive speeches seriously.

Like I said, nothing wrong with the delivery or content its just the same old shit from same old Cena and that argument is not redundant because Cena is still doing everything he has been doing for the past 7 years so stop acting like his character and gimmick have freshen up and I am attacking Cena for no reason. At the core of that promo it was the same old "Never give up" speech which was just paraphrased to fit in the current storyline with Brock.

If he wasnt feuding with Brock and feuding with someone like Kane again, maybe you would have seen that.

P.S. I never hate on Cena just for the sake of hating him. I always point out the good things when I am impressed with his performance and I always praise him when I think he did good. I am not a frustrated assclown who would hate on a wrestling character to feel good about his life. Stop generalising.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts