Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite being a huge CM Punk fan I must admit that the WWE Championship picture is getting stale as fuck. I don't see how they could have Punk/Del Rio challenge for the belt at Vengeance if Cena is to win Sunday. Why not have Ziggler step up and challenge Cena for the title in a quick 1 month feud? Cena/Ziggler had a great little mini-feud towards the end of last year and with Vickie involved it could be a nice change of direction. Even if Ziggler doesn't win it could catipult him just like it did earlier in the year when Truth had a one month feud with Cena.

They could even have Ziggler take the belt allowing Team Cena/Team Rock to happen at Survivor Series, still allowing the WWE Championship to be defended at the event. Punk/Ziggler could put on a classic.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
i agree, Punk can go out of the title picture for a while. But what i do want them to do is give Punk a good lengthy reign at once, he needs to be rewarded for really being the one who single handedly changed the WWE this year, lets be honest he's the reason we even have a new COO in HHH.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Cena/Ziggler would be a great match. Also, it would be something fresh and the mic work could be entertaining. As long as WWE doesn't make Ziggler look like a bitch and they actually book him as being a legitimate threat.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
I personally don't want Ziggler anywhere near John Cena at the moment, Ziggler isn't far away from becoming a top guy, Cena isn't talented enough to take him over the line and it'll hurt Ziggler more in the short term

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I personally don't want Ziggler anywhere near John Cena at the moment, Ziggler isn't far away from becoming a top guy, Cena isn't talented enough to take him over the line and it'll hurt Ziggler more in the short term
I agree. John Cena is the worst choice if the goal is to put someone over. Cena's the most self-serving wrestler going right now.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
While I agree with the idea that Ziggler should be a ME heel, he's not realistic as a threat to Cena right now. Ryder just pinned him on back to back RAWs, albeit not cleanly, but still. Ziggler is going fantastically with the USA title atm...lets not rush anything here. Cena or Punk is probably going to have the next long-ish title run, so they'll need a feud post SS and Ziggler can fill that role. Right now too much is going on, if you put Ziggler in the Vengeance slot he'll just be a stepping stone between HIAC and The Rock's return

·
Registered
53 Posts
IMO, its not so much stale as it is to much title movement. They could have kept the same angles with Del Rio as champ. I'm a huge Cena fan but they were a few ways they could have went. If they do try to have it a WWE Title match at WM 28 with The Rock they need to separate Cena from the title..SOON. Ziggler is doing to well right now with the US title to move him. Ziggler is on the same road as Rhodes.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
it would indeed be awesome to see someone else get in the title picture but i dont think Ziggler is the right man for the job. i think personally that Ziggler isnt the right man for the job! i think the better person would have to be Ezekial Jackson! he is still an up and coming superstar but i think he is the right man for the job!

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
Ziggler's in-ring work is crisp. As a matter of fact, Cena had a good match against Ziggler on the Christmas episode of Smackdown last year. I'd like to see them go at it again. This time for the title.

- Vic

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
it would indeed be awesome to see someone else get in the title picture but i dont think Ziggler is the right man for the job. i think personally that Ziggler isnt the right man for the job! i think the better person would have to be Ezekial Jackson! he is still an up and coming superstar but i think he is the right man for the job!
Really ? Are you joking ?

If your not joking then I got some news for you Ziggler is 10 times better in the ring and on the mic than Ezekial Jackson.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts