Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to make sure I wasn't seing things but Cena was brutally attacked by Johnny 3 weeks ago right? had his arm smashed and all that. I am asking because it's hard to tell from Cena's cheerful goofy attitude on Monday.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
Lol cena went from acting seriously injured saying he will need to take a long vaca, then showed up on Raw saying His doc said he needs to take 3 months off but instead shows up to raw, same night gets brutally attacked by Johnny. Out the next week and on Raw is back to normal with kiddy jokes.

·
Registered
432 Posts
When he was on the stage making his entrance he turned to the camera and said he was a little sore. Thats about all the selling your gonna get.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping after the Rock feud and the loss he suffered at WM he would become more edgier and have more attitude but nope it looks like he is back to where he was before the Rock showed up.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Don't forget The damage done in his match with Brock.....

I know everyone will blame Cena, but it's the fucking creative who come up with this shit with HHH's arm being snapped by the Kimura lock but Cena's "just dinged up" by the same move, plus Big Johnny's attack. They jumped the shark and later revealed that shark didn't have any teeth.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
The guy got thrown through a spotlight and showed up on Raw the very next night...when are you gonna learn he's invincible.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
It's gone beyond a joke at this point. They're seriously trolling us.

I had a theory they would be no selling Cena completely by the time of OTL. To appear as though he was healed enough to compete with no questions asked, and make it seem he was on top again, only for him to get injured again, properly at OTL.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Yeah I really doubt that Cena was just too lazy to put on the sling and sell. I know it's cliche to say, but creative probably had something to do with it--I'm willing to guess they wrote up the segment with Cena being fine since they want Cena to go into OTL 100% and NOT in a sling. At Extreme Rules and the week after, the plan probably WAS for Cena to take some time off and/or sell the injury. As we all know, The past few Raws have been changed so many times, at some point the Cena/Ace match was decided and you really can't have Cena go into it one-armed.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I just remembered that Cena had his "broken" arm shoulder destroyed even more by Johnny and them
I wonder why they even bothered to pretend he was hurt like that?

·
The Sundance Kid
18,538 Posts
You'd think they'd try to push an angle where Cena is basically a one-armed man going into the match, but naw that'd make sense and be WWE actually FOLLOWING UP on angles and booking more than one segment at a time. God forbid we have that happen. Instead let's just show the Raw recap of what went down with Trips and Brock every damn week on both shows.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Cena's no selling is so ingrained into me at this point that I didn't even think about/notice he was meant to be selling a serious arm injury on Raw.

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
Since we all know what Cena´s character is all about Im pretty sure it has something to do with that he ietting an injury stop him and that he isn´t a whining bitch over some injury.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's not just him no selling the injury, it's him acting all happy and cutting jokes towards the man who kayfabe wise tried to do serious damage to his career.

·
Premium Member
19,333 Posts
That's Cena being horrible Cena. I missed the last promo of last Raw and despite warnings from CP to not watch it I did and OH....MIGOD. Cheesy Cena is gonna be cheesy but come on.... damn!

Reactions: CamillePunk

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
The guy got thrown through a spotlight and showed up on Raw the very next night...when are you gonna learn he's invincible.
LOL I remember that. That was a fun match he had with Edge imo. Didn't watch Raw next night so I didn't know he showed up. I saw him shake off his arm, surprisingly seemed truly injured at ER, so he sold me. lol

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
This is also the same guy who got punted in the head by Randy Orton (usually = taken out on a stretcher afterwards) and got up a couple minutes later.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Did he also get hit by the pyro work in the iron man match, and didn't JBL do some type of car angle with him as well?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts