Wrestling Forum banner

Cena vs Rvd EcW

2632 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  NoGimmicksNeeded
I just watched their match from one night stand. They should bring it back, the crowds their are electric, and cena got boo'd like no else has in professional wrestling :)

WWE need to look back at the real crowds and who they really need to aim their shit at, and not cena loving kids, we are the ones who stuck by wcw and ecw and wwf back in the 90's to keep them going, if only they can look back on them years and get back to a similar performance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-65Zke10LU&feature=related
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
7,019 Posts
I just watched their match from one night stand. They should bring it back, the crowds their are electric, and cena got boo'd like no else has in professional wrestling :)

WWE need to look back at the real crowds and who they really need to aim their shit at, and not cena loving kids, we are the ones who stuck by wcw and ecw and wwf back in the 90's to keep them going, if only they can look back on them years and get back to a similar performance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-65Zke10LU&feature=related
i understand where youre coming from but theres a difference in the WWE and ECW crowd and one of those differences was the ECW crowds had barely any kids at all whilst WWE has always had a fair portion of kids as their fans its just nowadays its a huge chunk

but yeah that match was a good match and i believe RVD was the only guy to cash in his money in the bank contract in a fair and scheduled match and win

· Registered
10,503 Posts
That was great, I still remember watching it like it was yesterday.

You got to love the "If Cena wins we riot" sign. Funny thing is, that sign was probably true.

· Registered
95 Posts
Its funny because he was face at the time

· Registered
149 Posts
This performance is what made me truely respect Cena!

I miss these moments like the opening poster but - this is a divf era.....ENJOY ot or just dont watch!

· Registered
263 Posts
That crowd wasn't "real".
they went to the arena for boo Cena and support his old heroes. counting the wrestling snobs and teenagers.
that crowd is fed from the same essence as any audience. WWE only gave them what they wanted. and they enjoyed. Is not a shame thing.

Grat Match...

· HOPE
18,892 Posts
Cena was indeed great here. It says a lot about him that he's willing to accept the fact that the fans wanted to boo him and not accept his merch and for him to just roll with it. Batista certainly didn't appear to react the same way when he wrestled on ECW against Big Show.

· Registered
23 Posts
ECW fans were so explosive back then, now its like for smackdown and raw there is a huge sign during a match saying when to boo, and when to yell.
I think cena is way better as a heel, its way better then his "feel sorry for me" stage when it came to him joining nexus.

· Registered
6,512 Posts
LoL wut? Oh,yeah,he had them in palm of his hand :lmao He tried the same retarded crap he always does and got shit on because of it. Too bad they didn't stab him :rolleyes:
You honestly believe that, huh? Like this was a big surprise to everyone in the WWE, and Cena didn't know how to deal with it? Come on, now. The second he threw his shirt back into the crowd the second time, he had them. If he wasn't trying to elicit a reaction from them, he would have ignored his stuff being thrown back at him, but he didn't, he used it to get himself even more over (which wasn't necessary, frankly).

It seems incredibly obvious watching the match that the WWE knew Cena would get booed, so he went out and worked as a heel, and gave the crowd exactly what they wanted to see. Just because they're hardcore ECW fans doesn't mean they can't be worked, Heyman did it all the time and so did Cena that night.

· Banned
10 Posts
You honestly believe that, huh? Like this was a big surprise to everyone in the WWE, and Cena didn't know how to deal with it? Come on, now. The second he threw his shirt back into the crowd the second time, he had them. If he wasn't trying to elicit a reaction from them, he would have ignored his stuff being thrown back at him, but he didn't, he used it to get himself even more over (which wasn't necessary, frankly).

It seems incredibly obvious watching the match that the WWE knew Cena would get booed, so he went out and worked as a heel, and gave the crowd exactly what they wanted to see. Just because they're hardcore ECW fans doesn't mean they can't be worked, Heyman did it all the time and so did Cena that night.
You are reading too much into this.Of course he knew what he was facing but he just went out there and did what he does because quite frankly,that's all he's good for.He just did only thing he knows how to do and expectably got raped for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.