• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stated my opinions in the 5* thread. Is this match over-rated?

·
Banned
362 Posts
yep. so many shitty matches currently with dead crowds that when people saw this, they thought it was amazing by comparison. but no it was nothing special

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
First off, I'm lost as to why people downgrade it because of 'botches' because it supposedly takes away from the match and realism. Surely that makes it seem more real? Actual fights are not perfectly choreographed. IMO they just added to the story and provided real-life scenarios that would happen if they were fighting for real. I'm talking specifically about the GTS to the ribs.

I'd even go so far as to say there is no such thing as overrating a match. If you enjoyed a match, and you enjoyed it more than other so called 'classics', then that is your prerogative. No force in the world will make you like one match more than another, and nothing (except maybe a rewatch) will get you to change opinion on a match.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
It was an awesome match no doubt about it. The crowd was awesome, the buildup was awesome, the whole atmosphere was amazing, and so was the match. But being rated higher than ANY match since 1997 is just too much. If HBK Vs Undertaker @ WM25 isn't a 5 star match, Punk/Cena isn't either.

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts
No! The atmosphere itself made that event a classic. I mean that crowd was in every match. Not just the Cena Punk match. All of the matches were entertaining. Seeing Stephanie McMahon got a big pop. It was a realy good main event match along with the entire ppv worth the money

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Of course, it was basically average match but instead of the standard 10 minutes, they got 30 minutes. hot crowd? so every match in MSG is a 5 star match right?
the standards were so low, that when you got a good match it looked like a special thing, absolutely nothing special. and they botched a lot.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
First off, I'm lost as to why people downgrade it because of 'botches' because it supposedly takes away from the match and realism. Surely that makes it seem more real? Actual fights are not perfectly choreographed. IMO they just added to the story and provided real-life scenarios that would happen if they were fighting for real. I'm talking specifically about the GTS to the ribs.

I'd even go so far as to say there is no such thing as overrating a match. If you enjoyed a match, and you enjoyed it more than other so called 'classics', then that is your prerogative. No force in the world will make you like one match more than another, and nothing (except maybe a rewatch) will get you to change opinion on a match.
I think I love you a little bit.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
No, it was simply amazing. You could never guess who would get the win and what would follow after. Amazing counters, amazing crowd, very consistent. And irrelevant botches that nitpickers love to point out as if they botched a piledriver or something.

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts
BTW, who cares?? Why can't wwe fans have a good match or PPV without you guys finding flaws in it to ruin it for everyone. Like that's one thing I can't stand. If people liked that PPV and that match that much. Then let them have it. People keep on trying to dumb down the MITB match just because the WWE came through for once in a long while. And the WWE haters don't want that.

·
Registered
362 Posts

This. If you enjoy a match, then you enjoy it. It doesn't really matter what other people think, as long as you enjoy it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
No. It is the MOTY (so far). If you think that crowd was the only reason that match was great then you are just a fucking mark and you need to GTFO. Ever tried to stop being a little unsatisfied bitch and wondered why crowd was hot during that match? Because CM Punk and John Cena made the crowd to care for them. Crowd wouldn't have been THAT hot if it wasn't for CM Punk and John Cena. CM Punk entered the match as the anti-hero who delivered one of the best promo ever few weeks ago. Cena entered the match as the face of the company who stir emotions like no one else. That's why crowd cared.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It's not the 5 star match that ONE person said it was. But the overall fan reaction to this match isn't overrated.

ONE person called it a 5 star match and now people start calling the match overrated because of that? If you look at most other peoples reactions, they know it's not a 5 star match, so it's not overrated.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Besides that the match should be called Punk vs. Cena, it was really great, also from a wrestling purists point of view, and mostly becaused of CM Punk.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No the build up,crowd,Punk and Cena in ring work everythink was great about this match a few irrelevant botches didnt take anythink away from the match.In my personal opinion this match deserves a 5 star rating.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
HELL YEAH!

I dare anyone to watch this match on mute, and come back tell me that it was classic....at least anyone who doesn't have CM Punk's cawk down their throat

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.