Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
#StayClassyWF
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: The Sun Newspaper http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3218845/Cena-v-Rock-for-Superman-role.html

WRESTLING greats John Cena and The Rock are set to go head-to-head in a battle to play SUPERMAN.
The world's most famous superhero is getting another movie 'reboot' — this time directed by Watchmen's Zack Snyder.

And current WWE superstar Cena and grappling legend Rock are two of the leading candidates to play the Man of Steel, according to industry insiders in the States.

They face competition from previous big screen Superman Brandon Routh, Smallville's Tom Welling and Joe Manganiello from True Blood.

Examiner.com reports that: "The Superman franchise is expected to return in 2012 with a new version of the legendary DC Comics superhero.

"The latest Hollywood rumblings report that WWE superstar John Cena may be in the running to play Clark Kent, the mild-mannered reporter who takes on the life of a super hero by night.

"This latest rumour is the second to include the name of a professional wrestling legend.

"Prior to Cena's name getting tossed into the mix, there was talk of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson playing the role of Superman in the next yet-to-be-named sequel."
This is interesting...

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
We already have a thread on it in the Entertainment section.

Either way, I don't believe these rumors and even if they are true, they won't get picked. The Superman re-boot was necessary, and they're going to want to create the next TDK or Spider-Man box office smash. Whether they get there or not is another story, but casting a wrestler in a role, let alone the title character is a surefire way to make people steer clear of it and not take it seriously. Cena and The Rock would be horrible choices, and by horrible, I don't mean less than stellar or average, I mean HORRIBLE choices to play Superman. Especially Rock, I mean, Superman's white. I'm not trying to be racist, but what if they made a Pulp Fiction remake with Tom Hanks as Jules? There'd be roits in the streets, I'd hope.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Surely this calls for Vince Russo to come in and provide us with a Kryptonite on a pole where the winner gets to kill their oppenent with it and take the role as Superman match for WrestleMania 27? Book IT!

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Well, we know Rock ain't getting it. That's for sure

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
The Rock=Black Adam and there's no chance of a direct to DVD star like Cena getting a role..he would drive viewers away because of the endless backlash against him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts