Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, maybe not an year but for a long period of time. I know he's still the number one guy in the company and sells a lot of merchandise, but his whole gimmick is stale. It'd also help to get some of the younger guys move up into the spotlight.

I'm stating this because I can't see him beating Lesnar at Extreme Rules because that would destroy Lesnars credibility right from the start. They should have a close match, but it ends up with Cena being badly injured.

They could then have the reported match of The Rock against Brock at WM 29 for the WWE Championship, but before the match Cena would make a surprise comeback in a Money in the Bank match, win it, then go ahead and cash it in the following night on Raw.

Would be awesome in my opinion. But not to sure if the WWE could of would get rid of Cena for that long.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Re: Cena should take an year off!

Taking a long time off and wasting time of his prime? Never gonna happen.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

He doesn't want to. If he wanted to, then fair enough, he's earned it, and there are people around now who can fill the void. But he loves being on the road, doing what he's doing and so on, if he's available and he wants to keep going, leave him to it.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts

he should take A year off no doubt!

·
Registered
22,514 Posts

He should take a break until SummerSlam after the ER match. And after his comeback, switch his gimmick and do something more refreshing.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts

There's no need for him to take any breaks unless it's because of injuries.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
If he wants time off he's certainly earned it, but a year? i don't think so. A month or 2 off after ER would be good IMO but a year is WAY to long.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
^^^not long enough.

Give him until people start missing him.

I'd bring him back around survivor series which is 6-7 months.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Cena does need to take some time off imo. He deserves a break, but most importantly now would be a great time to go out after ER in terms of character progression. I'm not even sure a few months would be enough, a longer timescale could be more realistic, but he needs to be back a while in advance to build towards mania.

·
Premium Member
15,068 Posts
Cena definately should take a break. Last time I recall him taking a break was when he returned at the Royal Rumble. And before that I can only recall 1 other time that he was off TV for a period of time but that was as a midcarder. He's been fired twice and if booked properly, could have returned in a big angle.

Problem is, there is nobody on the roster that can replace Cena as the top face while he's gone. WWE should take the steps in building up the next babyface and hopefully that happens this summer. That way, Cena can take a break after Summerslam and return around January.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
A year isnt a enough Cena needs to go away for good. He is constantely shoved down our throats and its just fucking annoying. Theres better talent that should be pushed

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
As big of a Cena fan that I am, a couple months off wouldn't hurt. His return would be insane.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,440 Posts
A year, no. But a few months on the shelf to really sell the beatdown from Lesnar would make him seem a little more refreshing when he returns. Guys like Orton and Punk can fill the void, as well as Sheamus (to a lesser degree, anyway).

Lesnar needs to be positioned as an absolute monster who seems unbeatable for the immediate future, and taking out the company poster boy is the best way to do that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Before The Rock became the Scorpion King, I was wicked annoyed of his presence. I was extremely "anti-rocky". Then I missed him and marked like a mofo when he returned. Cena may be able to pull of the same thing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A year isnt a enough Cena needs to go away for good. He is constantely shoved down our throats and its just fucking annoying. Theres better talent that should be pushed
Tells a guy who has Kelly Kelly in his avatar:no:

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
He should take off til the September ppv. A good 5 months off would do his character some good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts