Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else extremely pleased at the lack of reaction the face off got

wwe thinks cena and orton is rock and austin lolol

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
the crowd did not want to see that thank god there was no reaction - people have seen them wrestle 213093219032132109 and it feels like it's really recent since him and orton feuded .. people want to see fresh matches.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
im pleased to see the lack of reaction adr got even tho he won... such a dam shame, putting this guy in the wm ME is a mistake... this wrestlemainia will be and internet fans dream but i can see it having one of the lowest WM buyrates... as soon as he took santino out i x the page off n started back on my hw... honestly im mad

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Crowd was definitely seemed pro-heel or even IWC-ish :cool:, with the CM Punk chants and the New Nexus/Corre support going on.

Or maybe they were like me and felt that Orton (Ziggler too) was a wasted spot since he just had a title match earlier on the card.

Hence the lack of attention on these two. Plus, the countdown timer was on. They ALWAYS look to the ramp when that starts ticking.

·
Registered
998 Posts
yeah and the crowd was marking out for whats his name winning.

its like this when two heels fight the crowd don't know who to root for as in some cases people don't know who to root for when you have two faces. besides it was only a few sec. for goodness sakes

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
im pleased to see the lack of reaction adr got even tho he won... such a dam shame, putting this guy in the wm ME is a mistake... this wrestlemainia will be and internet fans dream but i can see it having one of the lowest WM buyrates... as soon as he took santino out i x the page off n started back on my hw... honestly im mad
Don't worry WWE will have another trick up there sleave and make a massive match that will draw.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
TBF to Orton, the Boston garden already had 25 minutes of him earlier.

But he really has to step his game up if WWE plans on doing anything with him at mania.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
LOL it was actually one of the funniest things I’ve seen recently. It was most definitely a fail, those hardcore fans did not care for some lame John Cena and Randy Orton for the 3958348383 time. Any sucker would enjoy another match with those too again just cause “Ortanzzzz iz Facceeee tiz tyme” like it will be something huge.

Also for the people saying “They already witness Orton earlier” that maybe true but in past Rumbles guys like Austin, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Kane, Edge, HBK etc. still got massive ovations when they came out despite already making an appearance earlier in the show.

Boston tonight seemed like they was packed with more teenagers/adults tonight more then the kids, and they wasn’t going to be easily fooled with something they already seen nonstop since 2006. They did not care for no Cena/Orton confrontation. Their feud RIP in 2009-let it stay that way till Wrestlemania 30 or something.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That made my night in all honesty. In a year where they need to build up new stars, these two log-jamming the main event will be a great disservice to the company. Hopefully the Rumble will clue the bookers in that Orton/Cena at Wrestlemania doesn't need to happen.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I wasn't really pleased. If WWE wants to do Cena/Orton, they WILL do it, no matter how forced. Just look at their awful 09 feud. In any case, it was probably because so much other, more magnified things had happened/were happening, that Cena/Orton didn't really seem like too big of a moment.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
It was definitely a more smarkish/IWCish/"sick to death of Cena and Orton" crowd than usual. Anyone see the signs like "Push Zack Ryder" and "Push Trent Barreta"? HA!

Anyway, it was very, very awkward when Orton and Cena did what was supposed to be this massive staredown of the Two Mega-Powers and the crowd clearly couldn't have cared less.

Maybe Orton would have slowly run out of the gas he was living on back in the spring and summer anyway, but having him be a transitional McGuffin champion at the height of the CeNexus angle of sorts between winning it in a six-pack challenge at Night of Champions and being cashed in by Miz on Raw really skewered him but good. He still gets good reactions but if they wanted to try to make this Cena/Orton business so ridiculously hot, they should have delayed, delayed, delayed his first world championship reign as a face (not counting the '04 one).

As is, they need to get Orton and Cena the fuck away from each other, for, like, three years. Easy way to start the ball rolling this spring would be to send Orton to Smackdown for at least a year, possibly two. In three years' time the fans would probably really get into another round of Cena/Orton confrontations, but the fan-based is still utterly burned out on it. Thank God it looks like they are definitely not going the pedestrian route of Orton/Cena this year at Wrestlemania, it'd be a travesty.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think you guys are looking to deep into this. You gotta understand these two guys have had like a million staredowns since Orton turned face. The first staredown they had the crowd went crazy. It was after Orton's match on Raw when he faced Barrett with the stipulation that the winner would face Cena on next week's Raw.

·
Missy
1,281 Posts
We've seen Cena/Orton a million times and it's barely ever delivered. People are sick of it.

As much as WWE wants it to be, it's not Rock/Austin....it's not even Cena/Edge or Cena/Triple H

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
That crowd was awful. The smarks just killed the entire rumble, so I wasn't surprised it went down badly. WWE are clearly not going for Orton/Cena at WM anyway, what with Punk attacking Orton and Miz attacking Cena, so no harm done.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yea i think it was because Orton already had his match, i think they need the blood back as well. It would have looked good if Orton looked like he had just been in a match and not all fresh as he did

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Even if people did respond...they won't be doing Cena/Orton anytime soon because it would be a face/face...and Orton ain't big enough for that kinda feud.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts