Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Punk was feuding with Cena for like a month, now suddenly the focus is on Orton.

His reasoning for feuding with Cena is because of all the bad things Cena does but people still love him. Cena costs a guy his job and hits his finisher on the guy after he quit the match and fans cheered him.

Similar thing for Orton too. He does bad things(most recently being punting Husky despite not being provoked) and people cheer.

I know it's not something people here might want, but does anyone see a possible Cena,Orton vs Nexus match on Raw and/or a Cena vs Orton vs Punk triple threat at WM?

Based on things now, it's looking like we'll see Orton vs Punk and Cena vs Miz. But I really think it'd be more interesting if we saw Cena vs Orton vs Punk and then Miz vs someone else(like Morrison). While some might not like that idea for the Miz match at WM, understand that it's either Cena or Morrison winning the EC match and if Cena wins, he's winning WWE title for sure.

So instead we have a Cena,Orton,Punk match where we don't know who will end up winning and then a WWE title match where it might not seem like a big WM match, but nobody knows who will win the match either and it could end up being one of those defining moments in those guys careers.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I just want an explanation as to why Punk cost Orton the title. If we don't get one this feud is going to fall flat on its hollow face. This is Wrestlemania. You can't just attack somebody, have them attack back and expect it to work. There needs to be something more and I really hope this feud gets it because I think it could be awesome.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,159 Posts
It's a shame Orton has no hair and CM Punk had his hair cut last spring, because what this feud really needs as its foundation is shampoo.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I just want an explanation as to why Punk cost Orton the title. If we don't get one this feud is going to fall flat on its hollow face.
Agreed. AT LEAST we can get Punk to say, "I interfered because I can". Doesn't even have to be for the title.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just want an explanation as to why Punk cost Orton the title. If we don't get one this feud is going to fall flat on its hollow face. This is Wrestlemania. You can't just attack somebody, have them attack back and expect it to work. There needs to be something more and I really hope this feud gets it because I think it could be awesome.
I already explained in my post the main reason why he cost Orton the match(or the one reason that makes sense to the fans). Nothing Orton does should get him cheered but he still gets cheered for it(mostly cause of who he does those things to). If Orton punted like Morrison or King in the skull he'd get booed but since he did it to Jericho and now Husky, ppl cheer that action.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I already explained in my post the main reason why he cost Orton the match(or the one reason that makes sense to the fans). Nothing Orton does should get him cheered but he still gets cheered for it(mostly cause of who he does those things to). If Orton punted like Morrison or King in the skull he'd get booed but since he did it to Jericho and now Husky, ppl cheer that action.
I actually want him to point this out.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
There is absolutely no reasoning for why WWE decided to just end Cena/Punk which was building up nicely to just suddenly and randomly changing it all around for Cena/Miz and Orton/Punk other than the fact they wanted to pull a swerve because everyone was certain we were going to see Cena/Punk at WrestleMania and WWE didn't want the card to be obvious for everyone despite the fact it would have been better.

From what has been reported Vince McMahon has already given in his final card for WrestleMania 27 and i would imagine it would look like this,

Cena/Miz for the WWE title
Edge/Del Rio for the World title
Undertaker/Barrett
Triple H/Sheamus gimmick match
Orton/Punk
Nexus/Core
Diesel/Big Show possibly if nothing for Big Show
Mysterio/Rhodes if they are not in Money in the Bank
Lawler/Riley
Money in the Bank
Diva Battle Royal/Multi Woman match

If WWE wanted it to draw well though they would have put a lot of money out there and attempted something like this,

Cena/Punk for the WWE title
Edge/Christian for the World title
Undertaker/Barrett
Orton/Jericho if Chris Jericho could be signed even on a three to six month contract
Mysterio/Rhodes
Nexus/Core
Money in the Bank

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
There is absolutely no reasoning for why WWE decided to just end Cena/Punk which was building up nicely to just suddenly and randomly changing it all around for Cena/Miz and Orton/Punk other than the fact they wanted to pull a swerve because everyone was certain we were going to see Cena/Punk at WrestleMania and WWE didn't want the card to be obvious for everyone despite the fact it would have been better.

From what has been reported Vince McMahon has already given in his final card for WrestleMania 27 and i would imagine it would look like this,

Cena/Miz for the WWE title
Edge/Del Rio for the World title
Undertaker/Barrett
Orton/Punk
Nexus/Core
Diesel/Big Show possibly if nothing for Big Show
Mysterio/Rhodes if they are not in Money in the Bank
Lawler/Riley
Money in the Bank

If WWE wanted it to draw well though they would have put a lot of money out there and attempted something like this,

Cena/Punk for the WWE title
Edge/Christian for the World title
Undertaker/Barrett
Orton/Jericho if Chris Jericho could be signed even on a three to six month contract
Mysterio/Rhodes
Nexus/Core
Money in the Bank
Problem is this, is that Christian's still injured.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
Christian being in wreslemainia would just be stupid. I am a fan of christian, but hes injured. Theres no way in hell he should be able to come back in less then 2 months, not be in elimination chamber, and then make it to wrestlemania.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.