Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is just a thought that popped into my head when Cena won the WHC at Hell In A Cell.

There has been talk for a while about the WWE unifying the WHC with the WWE Championship, and it also seems to be a coincidence that John Cena and Randy Orton, two of the greatest rivals between active Superstars are holding each belt a few months away from WM30.

The current storyline about Orton being the "Face of the Company" seems to play into this as well, as for the last 8 years, John Cena has without a doubt been the true face of the company.

I kinda feel that as these two are the two biggest full time stars currently in the WWE, it makes sense. Orton could carry his feud with Big Show and The Corporation through until the Royal Rumble or whenever WWE feels it should start to build the rivalry with Cena, who could rebel, saying the he is the face of the company.

John Cena could easily fill in the next few months feuding with Alberto Del Rio, Damian Sandow etc..

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I don't think the WWE title and WHC title will ever be unifies or at least not within the foreseeable future. I don't know why I read so many posts of people saying it will, they've been saying it for years.

·
A Genetic Jackhammer
1,028 Posts
If I had a pound for every time I read about title unification on this forum...

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Man that would be so exciting.

Obvious sarcasm. While I was actually a big fan of the Orton/Cena feud (at times it dragged on but it was good nonetheless), at this point, it's too late in their careers I feel like. Orton's ring work has drastically dropped in the last 2 years, and Cena's has as well. In 2011, I feel like it woulda been a better choice, at Wrestlemania 27.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about the rumble winner?
I wouldn't be the biggest fan of a unification match either, but with WWE wanting to make this the biggest WM ever, it seems like it could be a logical idea.

Maybe the Royal Rumble winner could have their match before Wrestlemania? Like John Cena after he won his first Rumble, he had his match at No Way Out instead.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
They need to just keep it the way it is, unless they are willing to combine both brands.

·
Banned
859 Posts
IF it happens then it will surely be the :austin vs :rock of this era.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
There is no way Cena is defending the World Title in the opener against Del Rio/Sheamus/Mark Henry/Take your pick of a random midcard Smackdown heel.

Title Unification with Cena winning is the only logical booking. Orton runs through Big Show, the Elimination Chamber, then does the job to Cena. The match will suck, no doubt, they've never really clicked in the ring, but its what you're stuck with.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I think merging the World heavyweight title and the Intercontinental title would be more realistic given the value of the big gold.

but as much as WWE needs to get rid of a world title because frankly having two is just getting pointless now they barely have the talent to have 1. it wont happen because with there being currently 6 versions of the WHC for sale on WWEshop.com id imagine that is an indication that it is a big selling product so cant see them dropping the big gold.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
This was my thought the second Cena won the WHC. They consider these two their current day two biggest stars and at a big number like 30 it just seems too obvious. In all honesty I'd rather just have the Rock come back and face Cena in a rubber match to keep those two busy and out of everyone else's business but Cena vs Orton #198484 (and half of those previous 198484 matches were nothing special at all either) in a title unification 'face of the WWE' match just seems to fucking obvious. They even got Sandow and his MITB out of the way just as I figured.

They tried WAAAY too hard to make the Orton/Cena feud a few years back seem like a modern-day classic, and even teased their showdown at a Rumble (to complete silence iirc). Get ready, :vince3 is going to get the match he wants.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts