Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number of people were complaining in the Raw thread about Cena appearing on Raw tonight. There was a lot of, "It makes no sense that Cena doesn't have a job anymore, but is allowed to do whatever he wants..." comments. So I'd like to take this time to explain exactly what is going on to everyone who's confused. John Cena no longer has a job in the WWE. Just like none of the members of Nexus, save Wade, had a job with WWE when they made their surprise appearance on Raw and attacked Cena. So the logic is that Cena is pulling a Nexus on Nexus, only he can do it "better" than they could, both because the rest of the locker room isn't out to get him like they were out to get Nexus, and WWE security isn't out to get him like they were out to get Nexus.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Pretty much.

From what I could tell, it looks like they're booking John Cena's firing in almost exactly the same way that they booked Stone Cold Steve Austin's. No matter how long they keep this up, though, I fully expect Cena to be able to compete by Royal Rumble.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
might as well had the survivor series stipulation to a "free or fired except you can still attend events as a fan, still beat up the nexus, and still be seen on the big tron", this whole shit is dumb but w/e

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I'm sure Cena will be rehired in the next 2 weeks then this crap storyline will be destined to be discarded and forgotten.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Bottom line: If I went to MSG (I live in NJ) and jumped the rail, beat of Heath Slater, and then left people (mainly cops would be after me). Why weren't they after Cena?

That's the position John Cena was in, the position of a fan.

Also, I thought the Nexus thing made no sense either. 7 out of 8 of them lost, yet they were able to beat people up and NOT get the cops called on them nor get arrested. Yeah, that's realistic.

And as far as security, then they should all be fired cause they are not doing their job. And yes, they should have been fired over the Nexus thing too but we are too far in to care about that (right?)

And him being allowed on the titantron was just ridiculous and stupid. When I saw the first attack I was hoping it was Juan Cena. Now that is something that would actually make sense. It's not John dammit! It's Juan!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Bottom line: If I went to MSG (I live in NJ) and jumped the rail, beat of Heath Slater, and then left people (mainly cops would be after me). Why weren't they after Cena?

Also, I thought the Nexus thing made no sense either. 7 out of 8 of them lost, yet they were able to beat people up and NOT get the cops called on them nor get arrested. Yeah, that's realistic.

And as far as security, then they should all be fired cause they are not doing their job. And yes, they should have been fired over the Nexus thing too but we are too far in to care about that (right?)

And him being allowed on the titantron was just ridiculous and stupid. When I saw the first attack I was hoping it was Juan Cena. Now that is something that would actually make sense. It's not John dammit! It's Juan!
its wrestling, you're not allowed to use real world logic here, lets leave it at cena using the same dirty tricks nexus did

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
might as well had the survivor series stipulation to a "free or fired except you can still attend events as a fan, still beat up the nexus, and still be seen on the big tron", this whole shit is dumb but w/e
Might as well have changed NXT to "Winner gets to take all the losers to Raw and get contracts despite the original rules"

·
Registered
4,007 Posts

besides, on the other company you had a guy billed as a "monster" kdinapping, murdering and torturing people and nobody did anything about that, like i said, logic's not allowed

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Cena is screwed. He already said his mexican cousin Juan was debuting on twitter, but the IDEA WAS SCRAPPED! fpalm

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
LOL @ Cena acting like a little kid.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
This is my problem with Cena still being on Raw. The man gave a farewell speech last week. Usually when a wrestler gives that kind of speech, they are not on tv for a while. Instead of being Free or Fired match, it should have been Free or Banned from Raw match. The defiance looks better if he was banned from Raw instead of being fired.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
This is my problem with Cena still being on Raw. The man gave a farewell speech last week. Usually when a wrestler gives that kind of speech, they are not on tv for a while. Instead of being Free or Fired match, it should have been Free or Banned from Raw match. The defiance looks better if he was banned from Raw instead of being fired.
:confused: No it wouldn't. If he was banned from Raw, he wouldn't be allowed on camera.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
:lmao @ anyone who thought even for a second that Cena would'nt appear on RAW after being "fired".

Might as well have changed NXT to "Winner gets to take all the losers to Raw and get contracts despite the original rules"
NXT was a competition.

They were eliminated from the competition but still could've gotten a job in the company afterwards, that's why everyone who's been eliminated has said they'll continue to try to get into the WWE.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
:confused: No it wouldn't. If he was banned from Raw, he wouldn't be allowed on camera.
Cena is fired but yet he was backstaged telling Barrett he is going to take down the Nexus on the titantron.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Cena is fired but yet he was backstaged telling Barrett he is going to take down the Nexus on the titantron.
He was in the parking lot.

The worse that could happen to Cena is a charge of assault, but even then that's if members of Nexus want to press charges.

Nexus don't want this dude in jail, they want to kick his a** and send him home for good.

·
Banned
328 Posts

Omfg... Next you are going to say that every time they hit each other in the face, it's not realistic because a real punch would knock someone out cold. Like someone else said, it's pro wrestling aka sports entertainment. There was a lot less realism back in the Attitude Era, and it worked fantastically. I personally liked Cena on RAW tonight, especially the parking lot scene. And this is coming from someone who can't stand Cena on any other night.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i think what people are annoyed about is this....

The stipulation was rammed down our throats (Free or Fired) we had 5 minute Desire esque promos citing how if cena lost it would change everything and he would lose the one thing he loved.

He was fired, he done a farewell speech like wrestlers before him, Flair, HBK etc

But now parades around raw as normal just not actually wrestling.

I think there would be half as much up roar if WWE just even had him off screen for 2 weeks then brought him back to take down nexus as he is now

1 - 20 of 33 Posts