4: Spin Out powerbomb
5: Rebound Diving Shoulder
6: Diving Leg Drop from 2nd rope
7: cant remember the last one.

Last time i saw Cena switch up his moveset was at ECW One Night Stand vs RVD

·
The Man
306 Posts
Vince doesn't care about the look of moves anymore. Signature moves no longer have to look like they really hurt. The idea is to just pretend that they do, and hope the people buy it. Even the Attitude Adjustment, I mean come on. What the difference from giving somebody a suplex...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
same can be said for randy orton, only difference is he is slightly more edgy so you guys get all hot and bothered when hes on
how many moves does randy orton have? does he follow a routine? if anything he is worse than cena, only difference is cena has been on top for a long time so everyone cant stand him. orton gets shoved down our throats just as much as cena recently.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
OH SHIT! I've gone back in time to the year 2006! Quick, someone warn america against electing Barack Obama. And somebody save Michael Jackson! Maybe its not too late from stopping The Last Airbender movie from being made....

John cena wrestles brilliantly. Great main eventer. Remember, its not the quantity, its the quality. He hits good moves, has excellent storytelling ability, and basically is a damn good wrestler. Look at every big WWE main eventer ever. They all have just as few moves as Cena. Why do people give them a pass?

·
Registered
559 Posts
the way cena wrestles is simply to prevent injuries, the more moves, the more that can go wrong. same with orton. they are both very injury prone, and its a big hit when cena gets hurt. alot of you say cena isnt capable of performing more than a few moves, but he can, wwe just wants him to play it safe. and think of it how many moves did scsa and hogan have when they were on top ? i understand your point, but its all about money. kids love seeing his 7 moves, so they will keep it at that.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
no he doesnt. cena is not some indys spot fest wrestler with thousand of moves. Moves dont MAKE the wrestler but it as long as cena does the make properly, really does matter anymore. cena already made it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
He needs to add more moves during his matches he only does seven moves
1: F-U
2: STF-U
3: 5 Knuckle Shuffle
4: Spin Out powerbomb
5: Rebound Diving Shoulder
6: Diving Leg Drop from 2nd rope
7: cant remember the last one.

Last time i saw Cena switch up his moveset was at ECW One Night Stand vs RVD
He does a 5 Knuckle Shuffle off the top rope now.

·
Registered
872 Posts
He can no sell death, so I'd consider that a move.

He doesn't lock his arms around the person's head or make the STF look even remotely painful.
The Attitude Adjustment is just a terrible release version of a Death Valley Driver.
He never comes close to hitting the person when he does the Five Knuckle Shuffle.

These 3 of his 6-7 signature moves look like garbage. 2 of those 3, he uses for finishers.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
same can be said for randy orton, only difference is he is slightly more edgy so you guys get all hot and bothered when hes on
how many moves does randy orton have? does he follow a routine? if anything he is worse than cena, only difference is cena has been on top for a long time so everyone cant stand him. orton gets shoved down our throats just as much as cena recently.
What does Orton have to do with this thread? Really? Your hate is for him is ridiculous. You literally go on into threads with the sole intention to bash on Orton. It's pathetic.

Anyhow, I don't think Cena has to change anything. He's got his style and should stick to it.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
What does Orton have to do with this thread? Really? You're hate is for him is ridiculous. You literally go on into threads with the sole intention to bash on Orton. It's pathetic.

Anyhow, I don't think Cena has to change anything. He's got his style and should stick to it.
this hes mastered the wwe's formula and with this setting hes been using he has been putting out nothing but goodies, why change what has made him an elite worker if not the elite worker today

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
To be honest, Cena could have 1 wrestling move and Vince wouldn't care.....as long as Cena continues to be the biggest draw for his company. Cena brings in so much money that his wrestling moves don't matter.

Sure I would like him to work on his wrestling skills, but the guy is so insanely over with the crowd he could have a horrific match and the fans would cheer him non-stop.

He's not going to change his style.....sorry :rolleyes:

·
lyfe
8,846 Posts
Half of the moves he does don't appear to even touch his opponent (Leg Drop, 5 Knuckle Shuffle, that thing where he runs from behind and flips over them).

But who the fuck cares about his wrestling ability? He's as over as you can be and he's not going anywhere for a long time.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
But, but...If you give him any more moves, his head will explode from the strain.

You used to be able to showcase hour long matches with tons of holds, but nowadays few people have attention spans. They want their action fast, they don't care about "weakening an opponent", "setting up a hold", "going outside the ring for a breather".

It's a problem IMO, that'll eventually come to haunt them. Already, both TNA AND WWE have problems with the storylines. People get bored so damned quick and want quick resolutions. Well, you speed up the storylines and eventually, you run out of them. Nowadays, they just rehash them with different wrestlers.

Look at feuding. Feuds used to be long, bloody, and nasty. Some would go on for years. Now, if one lasts more than a month, people say they're bored.

Blame it all on short attention spans. I do.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
I'd like to see him open up stance. It would improve his stand up.
He could maybe join the Gacie camp ... work on his BJJ.. He seems to give his back up too easily on the ground
His take down defense is really weak some times too.

I agree .. his fighting style could be tweaked

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
Vince doesn't care about the look of moves anymore. Signature moves no longer have to look like they really hurt. The idea is to just pretend that they do, and hope the people buy it. Even the Attitude Adjustment, I mean come on. What the difference from giving somebody a suplex...

Since when did he ever? Look at The Rock's signature moves. Or Hogans.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
The move you're forgetting is his version of the fisherman suplex, or a bulldog. Also, nice work on making this point before anyone else, I'm looking forward to you revealing that HHH is in the world title scene quite often.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Like ive said in another thread Cena doesn't need to have a heap of moves. He has great chemistry with nearly every wrestler he works with so that makes the other guy look better straight away than all he has to do is do a few moves here and there and you got another good match in WWE Standards. Pretty much all the main-eventers only have a limited move set but very few have the ability to put on decent matches with anyone

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Watch John Cena vs Kurt angle their first match , there you'll see Cena's wrestling skills...

And he doesn't need to change his skills, it works... He's the most over , the most credible wrestler in the wwe...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.