Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking back on the Edge/Cena feud in 2006, I see what he's missing so he can stop being stale. He needs an "Edge" type of person that can just stop his tracks at all costs until Cena actually overcomes that villain. The reason the Edge/Cena feud was so great was because Cena had legit odds against him with Edge always cheating to steal/keep the title until Unforgiven where he won the title and you felt great that he overcame the odds. WWE needs to build a heel like that again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
To be honest I’m more concerned with Cena being used to build others stars, rather than stars been used to so he can buried them.

How long can they have a one man show?

I do agree with you they need to have more interesting heels though. I think the problem is that I cannot think of a heel who’s got the IT factor. I don't care what people the miz is not good enough to be a big player. I like R truth at the moment but is too old to have a big push and isn’t what I class as a main event guy.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
it would be cm punk if he was heel again lol

cm punk has better chemistry in ring than edge did with cena

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
The problem with heels nowadays is the fact that they build them up only to fall and then get depushed all the way into the ground. Most to the point where they need a complete reboot of character. Some don't even get the needed reboot.

Some Examples over the past few years of heels that were pushed only to be be pulled (not in order) :

Jack Swagger
Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus (he's over as a face now)
Jinder Mahal
Wade Barrett
Drew McIntyre
Alberto Del Rio
Nexus (Both Original and "New" aside from CM Punk)

Then WWE has the balls to say there is no "Star Power" on Smackdown..

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
To be honest I’m more concerned with Cena being used to build others stars, rather than stars been used to so he can buried them.

How long can they have a one man show?

I do agree with you they need to have more interesting heels though. I think the problem is that I cannot think of a heel who’s got the IT factor. I don't care what people the miz is not good enough to be a big player. I like R truth at the moment but is too old to have a big push and isn’t what I class as a main event guy.
I would say Wade Barret fits your bill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts