Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think guys? Cena is chanting "yes" during his promo. 2 weeks ago on RAW he did the same thing, and even mentioned Daniel Bryan. I think Cena really likes Bryan and wants him to get more over.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,627 Posts
I could tell that he was trying to get Daniel B over with this promo shout out with the Yes chants.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Cena latches onto whatever is popular or over at the moment in a failed attempt to get more people to like him. Last year, it was Ryder's 15 minutes of fame. This year, it's Daniel Bryan's 15 minutes of fame. It's like being a parasite. Once the blood runs dry, he'll move on to the next victim.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
He's either trying to subtly help him, or straight up leeching his popularity, I haven't decided which I think it is.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Screw that jerk for trying to get young deserving talent over! He's just trying to get fans to like him!

Some of you need to go outside the house for a few hours...

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Screw that jerk for trying to get young deserving talent over! He's just trying to get fans to like him!

Some of you need to go outside the house for a few hours...
The thing is....Daniel Bryan doesn't need help getting over because I don't know if you noticed, but he is already over just like Ryder was.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
He's either trying to subtly help him, or straight up leeching his popularity, I haven't decided which I think it is.
It dosen't matter if Cena is trying to leech off of him or help him. The point is, Cena is involving himself in another's popularity, and that NEVER works out. If you're a Daniel Bryan fan, you should be worried.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
I think I said this one time a while back, but this is WWE's way of making sure nobody ever rises above Cena on the locker room ladder. Some are too over with the fans to be buried, so for Cena to remain the top guy he will either:

A. Bury you.

or

B. Befriend you.

Anyone that makes it far enough in the company WILL encounter this, so pick your poision, WWE Superstars. You either become Cena's sidekick or Cena's squash. Either way, you're still his bitch.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Amsterdam is pretty much right. Not only does Cena do it to always be the center of attention but he hopes the popularity of Bryan or Ryder would rub off him and it backfired. Not only does it make people hate Cena more but once that mainstream golden boy poster child of the company latches onto something organic like a Ryder or Bryan, people don't want to ride the ship anymore.

If he continues to do it with Bryan, he'll face the same fate unfortunately.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Eh, Cena interacts with the crowd quite a bit in his promos. I don't really think he's trying to get D-Bry over, though of course acknowledging the chants doesn't hurt Bryan either. Not to mention Bryan doesn't need any help getting over. I think tonight showed that he's got that under control.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Bryan gonna be fine.Ryder was unlucky because he was a face and actually acted like a Cena fanboy on his early episodes of the YT show so there was enough reason to book that bromance.In the other hand there's no reason for Bryan to get in a shit angle with him..but feud him like Punk did and that would actually help Bryan.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Cena latches onto whatever is popular or over at the moment in a failed attempt to get more people to like him. Last year, it was Ryder's 15 minutes of fame. This year, it's Daniel Bryan's 15 minutes of fame. It's like being a parasite. Once the blood runs dry, he'll move on to the next victim.
:lol
so true

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I think Cena and Bryan are friends. Or at least acquaintances.

There's an old match from Velocity where they went against each other.

Cena was apparently one of the guys pushing for the WWE to bring him back after he got fired.

Yeah, it's kinda corny and it looks like Cena's trying leech of Bryan's popularity, but I think Cena's actually happy for Bryan's success.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts