Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently Vince is pissed off about Striker saying "Free" instead of "Fired" at the end of the match. However, I do not understand what the big deal is. I never even thought twice of it until I read a bunch of news postings today.

I don't think it did any harm. Cena being fired, kayfabe-wise, was so unbelievable that even the commentator didn't believe it and said "Cena is Free!" while getting caught up in the heat of an intense moment. And the tone in Cole's voice when he corrected him was perfect. So if anything, if Striker was scripted to fuck-up the call, I wouldn't even say that was a bad move.

Plus, how many times did JR say the wrong thing or the wrong name of a wrestler? Too many.

My point is, who gives a shit? Hopefully Matt didn't get in too much trouble for it.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
already a thread for this in the smackdown section.

but yes, it's not a big deal. i'm willing to bet dirt sheets are just speculating. it was pretty funny tho.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already a thread for this in the smackdown section.

but yes, it's not a big deal. i'm willing to bet dirt sheets are just speculating. it was pretty funny tho.
Oh fuck, never thought to look there as it happened last night, but guess it makes sense with him being a Smackdown! brand commentator. 'Pologies everyone.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Cena was freed from Nexus and sorta freed from the WWE, but I'm sure it was just a mistake.

Cena counts the 1,2,3 and fans go crazy after that, the first thing that came to Strikers mind was "cena is free" because you don't get the "cena is fired" type of feel right after the 3 count.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Cena was freed from Nexus and sorta freed from the WWE, but I'm sure it was just a mistake.

Cena counts the 1,2,3 and fans go crazy after that, the first thing that came to Strikers mind was "cena is free" because you don't get the "cena is fired" type of feel right after the 3 count.
Pretty much this. He botched it, but whatever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts