Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if he think's he's doing his job well. The guy has stated several times that it's all about generating a huge fan reaction negative or positive, to stop looking at the business in black and white, stating basically theres no such thing as a heel or face in this era. Well Cena let's face it is playing the most babyface character in wrestling history, playing the goody-to-shoes superman gimmick yet getting booed out of the building every night even in casual cities. Cena, you are being booed because people are bored of your gimmick and the have 'CENA NUFF'. WWE always say they're creative plans are determined by the universe reactions. Well..what the hell has happened here then? The rock turned when the people turned on his gorgeous samoan ass??

PS I REALISE IT'S DELUSIONAL but they won't let me change it

·
Banned
1,525 Posts
Sorry op but id like to say something the funniest thing ive every heard john cena say was ''but i still show up for work everyday '' when he was fueding with punk before mtib when punk said he was leaving. I was LOL :lmao because i couldn't help but think wtf everyone has to show up for work everyday otherwise you'd get fired i love cena but that was a really stupid thing too say

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
John Cena's job is to sell shirts.

So yes, he is doing his job well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
they say its good that all the crowd react to cena, when really what they are trying to do is cover the fact that half the people that go to there shows hate his guts. they have failed with cena, it wasnt the plan to have every body hate him, but they won't ever say that, its like "look at the emotions cena draws from the wwe universe" and that translates to "look how the wwe universe hate cena and wan't him to die"

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
they say its good that all the crowd react to cena, when really what they are trying to do is cover the fact that half the people that go to there shows hate his guts. they have failed with cena, it wasnt the plan to have every body hate him, but they won't ever say that, its like "look at the emotions cena draws from the wwe universe" and that translates to "look how the wwe universe hate cena and wan't him to die"
exactly. It's as if they're blind. Honestly though it's as if Mcmahon had a bet with someone to make Cena of the top of the company no matter what because if I owned a business and my top asset was clearly being shat on left right and center by my customers then I would change it up! I guaran-DAMN-tee you, any wrestling related video on youtube will have 80% of it's comments saying how Cena sucks...and the video doesn't even contain CENA! Emotion from the crowd??? MY ASS! They just want a change of gimmick. Sure I respect Cena, just like many many other people but anyone who does not find his promos corny, cringy and ridiculous need to get their mental health checked. Just like I check my cock for mushrooms every month. GUM clinic on speed dial.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Agreed , the damage control is quite funny. When a wrestler is portrayed as the ultimate good, heroic guy the plan is definately not to have him booed out of every arena .

·
Registered
39 Posts
He makes a ton of money. WWE does not fucking care about what people "say". They care what people use their money for.
they do care, if he had the whole crowd then they would make more money, like i said they kinda failed with cena. thats why they always make a effort to try put a positive spin on half the crowd wanting him dead.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The worst thing is, the prat will come out off-air and suck up and pander to the audience that booed the hell out of him. He thinks, one by one they will appreciate his gesture and go easy on him. This shows GIMMICK FAILURE. Its a tricky one. I could see CENA go his entire career without turning again tbh. He is the only wrestler in history who would have managed this. How the hell can the true fans judge the greatness of a pro wrestler when we are restricted to see his full capabilities and potential. Look at Austin, jericho, HBK, Rock, all great faces and all great heels. Unfortunately (except for early career) we won't get to see this range in Cena.

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
I agree with you on this, the damage control is cringeworthy. Every time Jerry Lawler tries to justify the "controversial" John Cena on air I just want to grab hold of him and scream in his face. The worst thing about the entire situation is if they actually took this risk and turned him heel, he'd probably be more successful with his second face run because he'd more than likely win over the older fans during a heel run.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry op but id like to say something the funniest thing ive every heard john cena say was ''but i still show up for work everyday '' when he was fueding with punk before mtib when punk said he was leaving. I was LOL :lmao because i couldn't help but think wtf everyone has to show up for work everyday otherwise you'd get fired i love cena but that was a really stupid thing too say
Yeh nice point. "I still show up for work everyday" well clap clap john boy. Slightly taken out of context but still humorous. I like the comparison of Cena to Superman as it works on many level. He is the embodiment of american ideals like superman. As well as never losing clean (superman never lost clean).

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
I could see CENA go his entire career without turning again tbh. He is the only wrestler in history who would have managed this.
I hate when people post completely misguided "facts" straight from their ass.

Ricky Steamboat, Rey Mysterio (his heel turn was too short to be consequential, but, your post does mention them never turning again so he would still count), Hillbilly Jim, Junkyard Dog, George Steele, Tito Santana, Bruno Sammartino, Ted Dibiase Snr (continuous heel in WWE, afaik), Hacksaw Jim Duggan (may have been heel in 2000), Ultimate Warrior (continuous face) and Rick Rude (continuous heel) all say hello.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
dillusional dillusional dillusional dillusional dillusional

Perhaps the OP would've been better off spelling the word "Cat" instead? :rolleyes:

:p

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
if he think's he's doing his job well. The guy has stated several times that it's all about generating a huge fan reaction negative or positive, to stop looking at the business in black and white, stating basically theres no such thing as a heel or face in this era. Well Cena let's face it is playing the most babyface character in wrestling history, playing the goody-to-shoes superman gimmick yet getting booed out of the building every night even in casual cities. Cena, you are being booed because people are bored of your gimmick and the have 'CENA NUFF'. WWE always say they're creative plans are determined by the universe reactions. Well..what the hell has happened here then? The rock turned when the people turned on his gorgeous samoan ass??

PS I REALISE IT'S DELUSIONAL but they won't let me change it
The Rock turned because he was a heel in face clothing....he was a cheered villain the whole damn time. It was easy to murder the audience in a heel form if he felt like it...Cena is sticking by his horrible character because he keeps claiming that's who he is in real life.

And Cena would not have went his whole life without turning..in Sept 2002, when he was a midcard face that was winning too much wearing different color tights to represent the city's team towns, they turend on him when they went to Toronto and chanted "CENA SUCKS" at him. That's when he left television for a few weeks and returned as Vanilla Ice on the Halloween Smackdown.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.