Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well obviously not literally but it wouldn't surprise me.

He has main evented 4 out of 5 PPVs this year the only exception being Royal Rumble and also Main eventing Wrestlemania and now scheduled to main event No Way Out.

Now this is nothing new but wow its getting really borring that week after week Cena is fed the main feud and story line, and every PPV he main events it just makes the whole RAW and PPV scene so repetitive, stale, borring and predictable.

WWE continue to shoot them selves week after week in the foot by continually pushing somebody who doesn't need pushing any more because of him being naturally over, how are new guys expected to break through if they arent given a chance, how are CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Alberto Del Rio or any other guys expected to elevate them selves to main event main stays if no matter what they do they are not rewarded with the main event.

WWE clearly has no confidence in any one else on the roster apart from Cena, although they seem to have confidence in Punk by keeping the title on him for over 7 months and almost 9 months collectively with 2 title runs.

Now instead of keeping the interest and fire and momentum that Punk gained last year , they have instead to some degree booked him like shit, and even with shit booking he has managed to shine through going some way to proving his ability on and off the mic. But that guy can only do so much when hes booked against Dolph Ziggler and The Miz.

Daniel Bryan Vs CM Punk the two most over guys should be at least main eventing the smaller PPVs when they are the two most over guys in the WWE at the moment are fighting for the WWE Championship, we instead get a non match in Cena Vs Lauranitis.

People say that Punk doesn't draw and so WWE doesn't main event him, but that doesn't hold any water with me.
His rise to fame only came 11 months ago I would say only half of that was booked in a decent way, the rest of the time he has been booked like shit. How can you prove he doesn't draw if you dont give him the chance longer term then a few here and there moments. Especially when the PPVs this year that Cena has main evented have a considerable lower buy rate than they did last year excluding Wrestlemania, WWE just needs to take a calculated risk.

Also if you book him like shit of course he isn't going to draw, booking him against Dolph Ziggler is hardly going get the pulse racing and keep people tuning in, he will draw if hes put in a decent and well written feud with someone relevant.

He obviously does draw to be the highest merch seller and gets one of the biggest pops week after week, hes massively over with the crowd but they are not going to get behind him if hes booked like shit in an uninteresting feud.

I seriously hope in the next few months we get some an alternative main event to Cena and somebody else is fed the main story line.

Because its just getting plain borring.

And most of all its devaluing the WWE title.
And offensive to.

1 Bruno Sammartino
2 Hulk Hogan
3 Bob Backlund
5 Pedro Morales
6 Bret Hart
7 Triple H
8 Stone Cold Steve Austin
9 Randy Savage
10 Randy Orton
11 Shawn Michaels
12 Diesel
13 Brock Lesnar
14 The Rock
15 Kurt Angle
16 Billy Graham
17 The Ultimate Warrior
18 Yokozuna
John Bradshaw Layfield
20 The Undertaker
21 CM Punk
22 Sheamus
23 The Miz
24 Edge
25 Eddie Guerrero
26 Ric Flair
27 Chris Jericho
28 Sycho Sid
29 Alberto Del Rio
30 The Big Show
31 Sgt. Slaughter
32 Mankind
33 Jeff Hardy
34 Batista
35 The Iron Sheik
36 Rob Van Dam
37 Ivan Koloff
38 Buddy Rogers
39 Stan Stasiak
41 Kane
42 Rey Mysterio
43 André the Giant

and every World heavyweight Champion.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
All of this.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Are you even aware of the fact that children with terminal illnesses wish they could meet John Cena, and so he meets them? He also supports our troops.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Are you even aware of the fact that children with terminal illnesses wish they could meet John Cena, and so he meets them? He also supports our troops.
It´s not charity, if they repeat the same fucking video of him meeting kids several times on every show. Like "Here, you see? John is a good guy, you are bad for booing him. How dare you have a working brain?". It´s sickening how some people fall for it. Same with the troops. It´s all publicity. Sickening that so many people fall for it.

And he's also a hard worker!
Bullshit. So are many other wrestlers on the roster, they don´t get a mega face push, though. They don´t act like we them gratitude. They do their jobs and get fucking paid for it. In fact Cena is fucking lazy, with the same old shit that he pulls for how many goddamn years now.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Alot of other superstars do the exact same thing.

What makes Cena so fucking special.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
What does any of that have to do with this, b? Son ain't beggin' for a heel turn, or yellin' about how Cena should get fired. He's actually got a valid point. For one thing, it's devaluing the shit out of the WWE title. That's the other thing... Cena doesn't really NEED to get pushed over the WWE title. He's already over as fuck, and there ain't no way in hell that anybody's gonna touch his money-raking power until he's retired.

Reactions: doinktheclowns

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
^ Sarcasm?

Make it happen WWE. I can't wait to hear this playing before a main event. Would have fit in at OTL.

..and yes, the Cena push to Uranus is phisically painful at this point. At least he doesn't have the title, although he degrades it by not competing for it while ME'ing everything anyway. Idiots.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Sarcasm?

Make it happen WWE. I can't wait to hear this playing before a main event.

..and yes, the Cena push to Uranus is phisically painful at this point. At least he doesn't have the title, although he degrades it by not competing for it while ME'ing everything anyway. Idiots.
My thoughts exactly it sounded way to sarcastic.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Its best to just accept that the ME will be Cena vs whom(what)ever or just Cena. And if your not entertained by that, which it looks like most of us aren't jsut try and enjoy the rest of the show b/c its clearly evident that its not changing anytime soon.

(Just like WWE programming my post must contain way to much and end with Cena)
:cena :cena2 :cena :cena2 :cena :cena2 :cena :cena2 :cena

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
I'm not sure I entirely understand this line of thinking. Is this complaining about Cena being in every last match? All of the attention being focused on Cena I understand and disagree with, but people don't buy PPVs and watch RAWs just to watch whoever closes the show...

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
I'm not sure I entirely understand this line of thinking. Is this complaining about Cena being in every last match? All of the attention being focused on Cena I understand and disagree with, but people don't buy PPVs and watch RAWs just to watch whoever closes the show...
Can't speak for everyone, but my gripe is just on how much focus of the show is on Cena, whatever timeslots hes in, b/c like you I don't really care who is in what spot on the show or PPV card, being on the show or PPV card is WAY more important than that.

I mean don't get me wrong I get why they focus so much on Cena and that it is posibly a good thing for the rest of the guys they are building slowly right now, but at some point the WWE is going to have to focus a main storyline on someone other than Cena.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
having by far your biggest star in the main event of ppvs is hardly surprising. if you honestly thought bryan/punk was going to go on last at OTL i have no idea what to say. honestly the FF for the WHC had a better chance of going on last than punk/bryan at otl. the only one that was strange was kane/cena and even then i can understand why they went that way.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Kermit the frog could call out John Cena and that would be the main event.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Oh boo hoo. Why are you all crying. He ended the PPV a few times. Punk ended PPV's before and you didn't cry then. Your only crying because you don't like Cena.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
charity work like make a wish doesn't mean Cena can 't turn heel. Guys like Henry and Del Rio do charity too.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Speaking as a HUGE John Cena fan (one of the biggest), I can't help but agree with you to a degree. I do NOT think that John Cena is stale at all IMO, but there does come a point when the WWE should let the WWE title match go on last. I don't think that Cena having a match a little lower on the card would hurt him in any way. I know his feud right now is the most hyped and most popular, but it is important not to devalue the WWE championship belt by making it an afterthought. If they are afraid of removing John Cnea from the main event, at least add him to the title picture.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
i think he went on last so everybody that doesnt want to watch Cena can turn it off and their PPV ended with Punk/Bryan. Still bad idea tho.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts