Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During this past Monday's RAW, there was a backstage segment with Cena and Wade Barret. Both were watching a Wrestlemania hype video which got me thinking. Is this some foreshadowing on WWE's part for the Mania main event? I know Vince doesn't exactly book far in advance but it has always been said that Mania is always planned out months in advance and it was around this time last year when they started dropping hints for HBK/Taker II.

Now for that to happen it would require the feud to be put on hold eventually since there is no way they can carry this momentum all the way to the spring.

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
Yes it is. I think they will be the main event of the night actually. Probably will be confirmed after Cena wins the rumble.

Reactions: TKOW

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Gee I hope not. That will suck. I figured we would get Cena/Undertaker for sure because I can't see Taker staying around for another year.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I hope its Berrat vs Undertaker and Cena helps screw taker thus making the biggest and most shocking heel turn in history

P.S. for all those who don't want taker to lose he doesn't have too - it's just for shock factor

·
Is a Snit Head
22,166 Posts
Wouldn't really surprise me all that much. The Nexus has been featured on Raw for months now with Cena being the main opponent against them the entire time. You would think that WWE would realize they need to end the feud or do something huge at their biggest show of the year. I mean the feud isn't going to end at Survivor Series as that just seems to be the next step in the story. Once we get into 2011 it would seem foolish to end something like that before Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I'm not sure I have faith that the WWE will hold off on a Cena/Barrett blow-off match. I hope they hold it off until wrestlemania, because in that case it would be epic, but we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens at RR or TLC though.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
During this past Monday's RAW, there was a backstage segment with Cena and Wade Barret. Both were watching a Wrestlemania hype video which got me thinking. Is this some foreshadowing on WWE's part for the Mania main event? I know Vince doesn't exactly book far in advance but it has always been said that Mania is always planned out months in advance and it was around this time last year when they started dropping hints for HBK/Taker II.

Now for that to happen it would require the feud to be put on hold eventually since there is no way they can carry this momentum all the way to the spring.
Actually he does I think. I know I read somewhere where Raw writers don't get to write each show till a few days before, but I know that storylines get written for quite a long time which is exactly why WWE seems like a mess if a guy gets injured and is in a storyline because they already had plans involving that guy but now its all ruined.

Though it would be interesting if we see Barrett-Cena in a match involving no titles where Cena does win but at the same time, Barrett becomes fully established as a guy who could be in the main event(like HHH-Sheamus match where after that feud, people started taking Sheamus seriouslly and not just as a guy who won by luck against Cena at TLC).

But Barrett is already somewhat established but I still don't see him as a WWE champ guy, I can see him as a guy who controls the show, but not holding the wwe title.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,081 Posts
I honestly think this is where we're headed: Barrett wins the WWE Championship at Survivor Series; Barrett subsequently loses the championship to either The Miz directly or we get Orton winning it back only to be cashed-in on later (TLC, Royal Rumble), doesn't really matter because in the end The Miz is WWE Champion sometime between the end of Survivor Series and the end of Elimination Chamber.

For Wrestlemania, we get Cena vs. Barrett, with the entire Nexus saga behind it, in a non-title main event match (the actual, genuine main event of the evening). Orton vs. Miz is just underneath it for the WWE Championship. I have no idea about the World Heavyweight Championship over on Smackdown but I hold out hope that it's Kofi Kingston challenging... perhaps Alberto Del Rio... for the Big Gold Belt...?

By that point, Cena and Barrett won't need the championship to be even part of, much less the centerpiece, of their storyline. That'll be the payoff, blowoff, whatever you wish to call it, of the entire Nexus storyline, which will close with Cena being triumphant in victory at the very end.

Cena vs. Undertaker will be saved for Wrestlemania XXVIII, when Undertaker is trying to get to 20-0.

The only fly in the ointment is that Nexus buried Undertaker. So they could easily spin that off into Taker vs. Barrett or even Taker vs. Cena at Wrestlemania. But that doesn't mean it's nailed down for certain. Taker could return and cost Barrett the championship indirectly by beating him up, laying him out and inadvertently giving The Miz the opportunity to cash in on Barrett, leading to a Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber match-up between Undertaker and Barrett. Taker could even put Barrett over in a high-profile grudge match in the winter in the lead-up to Wrestlemania, to give extra momentum to Barrett going into his Wrestlemania match with climactic Cena, especially since Taker would be a lock to go over at Wrestlemania against whoever they want to pair him up against (Sheamus? Who knows?)

In other words, I have no idea, but I'm assiduously trying to figure it out ahead of time!

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
I'm calling for Barrett vs Cena vs Orton. Triple Threat match at WM27. With Barrett coming in and out as the champion.

Remember that I called this now.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Cena shouldn't win the rumble, Taker should win the title at WM, Christian should win the Rumble, and Cena and Wade Barret feud. 2nd last match is Cena versus Barret, final is Christian beating Undertaker for the streak and title.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I think Undertaker vs Cena will be the year after (cause taker would be 19-0 and going for 20-0 he has to beat Cena).

I'm okay Cena vs Barrett only beccause it beats Cena vs Orton.

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
The WWE creative team doesn't have the ability to keep this feud entertaining until WrestleMania. It'll be either Barrett or Sheamus vs. The Undertaker whilst Cena defends the WWE Championship against Randy Orton.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Whatever combinations they decide upon, Barrett has got to be in the mix, somewhere. He's the number one heel, now, and his character is getting more arrogant and nastier. His development and recognition since winning NXT has been phenomenal. Most fans want to see the good guy triumph and the heel get his cum-uppance, but the shock in WWE is that every now and again the heel wins over and comes out on top; and the build up to this showdown favours Barrett. I pick him as the big name in WWE in 2011.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts