Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go back and watch both matches. They were nearly identical matches aside from a few different moves placed at different moments. Even the ending sequence was EXACTLY the same.

I find it insulting that they can get away with this shit. Especially when they could have easily mixed it up with a simple stipulation or even adding in Sandow which basically booked itself.

·
Since Day One
9,907 Posts
I don't mind two matches being booked the same way as long as.

1. The original match was worth watching.
2. There's some space left between the first one and the second one.

Case in point: Both of the HBK/Taker WM matches.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The part where he powers out of the armbreaker was disgusting. You can allow it the first time because you could say ADR never had it in perfectly anyway but the second time.... Quite frankly, Mark Henry, Big E Langston, Kane, The Undertaker, Big Show anyone who claims to be a powerhouse never had to tap out to the armbreaker again because being powerful they can just pick him up and slam him like Cena.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Aside from the fact that you don't know how to use the word "literally," I agree that the matches were booked the same and told a very similar story. It wasn't compelling, to say the very least.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

Exactly

·
Registered
8,514 Posts

Also at least those matches had different things on the line like the first was all about the Streak & it being their first 1 on 1 match since 1998, and the second was about HBK's career ending

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.