Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed that in the Royal Rumble that Drew and Sheamus were working as a unit and the commentary team seemed to infer they had some kind of alliance thing going on, now apologies if I've missed something, but when have they ever had any alliance deal thing before the Rumble itself? I know they worked together in FCW or something like that, but I've never seem them interact on WWE tv before (although I haven't religiously watched so may have missed something).

· Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
As far as I know, they havn't. Celtic Connection is a pretty cool name for a tag team though, and I could see them having a decent program together in a mild injection of watchability to the tag team division.

I suppose it gives Sheamus something to do until Triple H returns, and Drew something to do before creative pull their fingers out of their asses.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
They were both on Miz's Survivor Series team and they had a friendly interaction with each other after Drew won the IC title at the 2009 TLC PPV, but beyond that, they've never worked together. It's just a mutual respect between heels thing that WWE will occasionally use whenever they need 2 guys to gang up on someone else in a match. They've never had an alliance per se. I don't remember where the Celtic Connection name came from, but if Striker ignore it. It's just another one of his 10 billion idiotic references.

· Registered
549 Posts
The name reminds me of the Can-Am Connection back in the day. Look it up if you haven't heard of it, youngsters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.