Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see in the title, this thread is celebrating 10 years since it ended.

So post anything related to the attitude era (moments, wrestlers, matches, storylines, ect)

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
I love the attitude era, mostly because I grew up with it, but looking back now, 1998 was one of the biggest clusterfucks I've ever seen. Hardcore matches that ended in DQ's, PPV's that had run-ins for every match, dusty-finishes all over the place (Shamrock got fuckkkkkkked lol), weird/just wrong storylines (Terri Runnels baby fiasco) it was exciting but I think the thing that made it so great was that there was a rival promotion, not necessarily the product. That being said, you can't discount the star power of the roster back then. Even mid-carders like Val Venis were stars back then.

2000 was much better as they finally hit their stride when it came to writing.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Happy Birthday and now to more important things...

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
There was a thread on here that had the archived IWC forums from the attitude era. If you get some spare time, see if you can find it because it is hilarious to see how many people were bitching. After reading through a lot of those posts, I watch today's product with a completely different mind-set.

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
Good lad, Goham (Y):cool2
It was rather pointless for me to finish that statement, eventhough it's rather pointless to have a thread celebrating something that has a thread made about it everyday.

That's what makes me feel the way I feel more than anything. People didn't want it to end and 10 years later, don't want to accept the fact that it's dead.

·
Banned
882 Posts

·
Banned
914 Posts
I love the attitude era, mostly because I grew up with it, but looking back now, 1998 was one of the biggest clusterfucks I've ever seen. Hardcore matches that ended in DQ's, PPV's that had run-ins for every match, dusty-finishes all over the place (Shamrock got fuckkkkkkked lol), weird/just wrong storylines (Terri Runnels baby fiasco) it was exciting but I think the thing that made it so great was that there was a rival promotion, not necessarily the product. That being said, you can't discount the star power of the roster back then. Even mid-carders like Val Venis were stars back then.

2000 was much better as they finally hit their stride when it came to writing.
Not all people sees the same thing the same way obviously. But that whole "clusterfuckness" was what made the AE so appealing to so many people.

It had that atmosphere like anybody had beef with anybody they wanted to. You weren't just stuck with the same guy or people every week until the blow off to your feud. You had like one main feud and then you had some side feuds along the way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts