Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent reports of some WWE talent holding out and wanting to be released, it seems that Cedric Alexander may be one of them looking for a way out. A Twitter exchange between the recently released Jordan Myles (ACH) and Big Swole (Cedric's IRL wife who recently signed with AEW). Cedric liked both tweets:

I know Cedric's main roster run has been a bust (no shit) and he's not the best promo guy at all but he is clearly better than what he's been portrayed for most of his WWE run. Not even counting his ROH run, but his indie run as well shows that given a real chance without being micromanaged or heavily scripted, Cedric can be a nice addition to any company.

Wouldn't mind a run for him in AEW, honestly.

·
Registered
22,882 Posts
Alexander has his ceiling in WWE, no doubt. Even on Raw with the younger talent they have Ricochet, Andrade, Aleister, Murphy, etc. who you can argue they're all better than him. And that's not even counting the main eventers.

Alexander is a guy who is only ever going to be a mid carder in WWE (and frankly I can't say he should be higher) but could be a big deal in a place like Impact or ROH (thought after yesterday maybe not).

Sure as shit hope he doesn't go the Jordan Myles route. Which I remind you, entails:

1. Complaining about a t shirt design (which he was justified in doing)
2. Calling another wrestler being an Uncle Tom (unprofessional)
3. Revealing somebody's email on Twitter (unprofessional)
4. Posting a half assed apology where he complained more about his spot in wrestling rather than what this was originally about (pathetic)

So yeah, please don't do that.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Ced is tailor made for the Jnr's division with his awesome style, and the fact he can't speak. He'd get over really well going against shitheads like ELP and Despy, so I'd love if he went that way.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,366 Posts
Ced is tailor made for the Jnr's division with his awesome style, and the fact he can't speak. He'd get over really well going against shitheads like ELP and Despy, so I'd love if he went that way.

Yeah cedric would be a better fit there. I think he is talented but not sure about him in aew. Don't know if he fits in well

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
The fact that he and his wife are chummy with an unhinged race baiter like Myles just makes Cedric look like he himself is of that mentality too, which isn't a good look. Myles is basically wrestlings version Jussie Smoullett at this point so anyone who's associated with him and exchanging "you go girl" type back and forths on twitter is questionable.

I bet his wife is bitter she wasn't hired after her appearance on the Mae Young Classic. Cedric is completely disposable as far as star quality goes so I would not mind at all if he went to AEW. The guy doesn't have "it", whatever you wanna call "it" is.

·
rasslin
2,617 Posts
saving him from what? Guys had a load of screen time on Raw and just can't connect with the crowd. I guess its easier to just ask for your release and claiming WWE is awful as the reason why you're not a star these days.

·
Registered
443 Posts
AEW won't want any part of Alexander either if he is associating with Myles. They don't want racial lawsuits waiting to happen to sink their company.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,701 Posts
Admittedly, the writing and booking hasn't done him any favors. Tell me one thing about the Cedric Alexander character. Like, literally anything. You can't, because he's never received even the slightest bit of character development.

From a character and storytelling standpoint, Cedric Alexander, Ricochet, Akira Tozawa, Humberto Carrillo, Apollo Crews, and Ali are all completely interchangeable, which is why the audience doesn't give a damn about any of them.

·
IRAN #1
2,307 Posts
"Without being micromanaged or scripted".. Well that's what WWE is, so clearly he's not a good fit in this company... WWE is not like the indies or any other promotion..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts