Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Banned
2,096 Posts
My ISP sent me letters too. Just ignored them. Friend if mine threatened to change services and they stopped because they didn't want to lose a customer.
Its really pathetic really. It's just intimidation. If anything it makes you want to pirate even more. Atleast pirates don't use the government to bully the population. 'Copyright' is just a made up invention that never expires because they lobby and lobby to extend it to infinitey. If copyright was reasonable we would be able to watch Star Wars 1-3 for free on YT & we wouldn't have YT censors pulling our vids down for using 10 seconds of a clip.

Fuck copyright.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
How about you just don't be stupid? Seriously, if you're streaming these PPV events and you're making money off of them by having people download them, then you had getting caught coming to you. There's no reason for it. Just don't fucking do it. It's that simple.

If you are the kind of person like myself who watches the streams, then you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Well if WWE made their network available to those of us who don't live in fucking America, I might consider other options but as it stands getting them on the sly after the fact is pretty much my only option right now.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
That part, yes you could get in trouble. Voluntary downloads of copyrighted content with the intention of stealing, is liable to get you sued. Watching videos on youtube/dailymotion is perfectly fine because it's not your responsibility to remove them or notify anyone.

You do realize Admin/Mods can see your IP right? Unless you're on a proxy like me, I wouldn't suggest posting like this. If in case WWE/UFC were to request this forum for your IP, they would have no choice but to give it to them.

I don't think people are taking this seriously, ask those who were sued by the MPAA. They would tell you how they were joking about it all before, just like you are.
I'm already screwed either way cause the people in my house D/L tons of shit & we all share the same internet access which is not in my name. Since the house isn't technically in my name, if they come knocking I'll just point the finger in that direction. :cool2

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Ok Mr Pirate. Got some real idiots on these forums. I joined thinking this forum might contain some intelligent life forms, but I was wrong. WoW!....
It's a wrestling forum, what did you expect? Most of us don't take shit too seriously until it happens ...

My credit is fucked anyways, I could use a good bankruptcy. :agree:

Send me to prison then I can make a song about it. :dance

·
Locker Room Leader
12,128 Posts
:lel

Come get me muthafuckas :flip:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
It's not. Have you ever read terms & conditions of those file-sharing sites? Probably not, which is likely why you're asking this question.

Youtube/Dailymotion Terms & conditions lets you get away with it(as long as you're not an uploader of copyrighted content).
Shows how little you actually know. Just because you're adhering to youtube/dailymotion terms & conditions doesn't mean you're adhering to the law, nor are you above it. The regulations and laws set out by the government, FCC, DMCA, etc. easily trump some online content-providing service. If they find out your activities don't conform to them and you're doing it through these sites, there's really nothing to stop them from going the absurd length of punishing users themselves. Whether it's downloading movies/videos/software from external sources or from the video sites themselves, it's still unauthorized downloading. You're not exempt.

Of course, this is speaking hypothetically. The number of people struck for illegal downloading is a very small percentage. While it's obviously the uploader/distributor that will get the worst, many ISPs are already hitting the downloaders, as well. And you know what? That includes video watchers.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Shows how little you actually know. Just because you're adhering to youtube/dailymotion terms & conditions doesn't mean you're adhering to the law, nor are you above it. The regulations and laws set out by the government, FCC, DMCA, etc. easily trump some online content-providing service. If they find out your activities don't conform to them and you're doing it through these sites, there's really nothing to stop them from striking down on the sites. Hell, with the absurd lengths these organizations have gone in the past to try to stop piracy, don't be surprised if they attempt to punish the users themselves. Whether it's downloading movies/videos/software from external sources or from the video sites themselves, it's still unauthorized downloading. You're not exempt.
This is one of those laws like "no sex before you're 16." It exists but it's pretty much logically impossible to actually enforce it without the government having to do some seriously unconstitutional spying on a simply infeasible scale to ever actually know who to arrest for it.

And yes I know the US government has a bit of a habit for large-scale wire-tapping of its own citizens and stuff, but there's a difference between that and tracking down every fucker who watched a YouTube video.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.