Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
10,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which move do you prefer as Bryan's finisher? IMO the Labell lock looks kinda more painful, its more of a "WWE"ish looking finisher, and is a tribute to one of Bryan's favorites.

But the Cattle Mutilation is uniquely patented and trademarked by Danielson. Its his sweet chin music, stone cold stunner, or pedigree...

· Registered
6,883 Posts
it is quite simple CM cant be done to big guys the Labell lock can

CM does'nt look painful and is easy to counter
I don't think you realize how much that move f'ing hurts....

· Registered
275 Posts
Danielson has stated that he made the choice to not use the CM as his finisher because you can't see his face or the opponents face very well, which is a big thing for WWE television.

· Registered
602 Posts
I'm more a fan of the Labelle Lock, or as it's properly known a Omoplata with a face lock or choke. I was slightly annoyed when I first seen him use it, as I thought I invented that version. If you got long enough arms on an Omoplata you can grab around their other arm and pull in, but if you are facing people much bigger than you and can't reach, gotta grab the neck.

· Registered
3,320 Posts

At some of you saying the Cattle Mutilation doesn't hurt...

Anyway, as a long tme Danielson fan, it hurts me from the inside to say that I actually prefer the LeBell lock (specially when he actually manages to lock the arm right) mainly because it's more versatile and easy to apply than Cattle Mutilation.

But I would still mark like a little bitch if he actually won matches here and there using CM.

· SAL
2,514 Posts
The only downside to the LL is that it seems similar to ADR's armbar finisher. Bryan should have a few different submission holds that he uses, not just 1 finisher.
This. I prefer Cattle Mutilation but I don't mind the Lebell Lock. It would be nice to see Bryan get to do what he did in ROH, build up a number of moves that can end a match. Then again, that's not really the WWE style either.

And this is what happens when Bryan applies one of the most over moves in the indies in WWE:

· Registered
602 Posts
Though thinking back, I think the Heel Hook he used on NXT was my fave (Another one of my fave submissions in Jujitsu). Don't seem many leg focused submissions, Boston Crabs, and all them are on the back. Actually... Thinking about it, STF's and the Regal Stretch are far worse on your legs then neck, 200lb guy crushing your leg? It hurts!

· Registered
1,159 Posts
This. I prefer Cattle Mutilation but I don't mind the Lebell Lock. It would be nice to see Bryan get to do what he did in ROH, build up a number of moves that can end a match. Then again, that's not really the WWE style either.

And this is what happens when Bryan applies one of the most over moves in the indies in WWE:

I think my fav part of that video is the commentary.

· Registered
6,157 Posts
I kinda' like the LaBell Lock because it reclaims The Crossface away from Benoit. A perfectly good move shouldn't be left on the shelf because of how it's last owner lived out his life, it shouldn't be given that stigma.
I don't think you realize how much that move f'ing hurts....
True, but to an extent it doesn't matter how much it actually hurts, moreso how much it LOOKS like it hurts. To the casual viewer, The LaBell looks really painful even when it can be done with barely any face contact.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
The only downside to the LL is that it seems similar to ADR's armbar finisher. Bryan should have a few different submission holds that he uses, not just 1 finisher.
Wtf? The LL looks absolutely nothing like Del Rio's armbar.
Literally nothing like it.

· Plotting time travel mission.
8,793 Posts
The Lebell lock for sure. The many counters Bryan does into the LeBell lock are exciting to watch. The Lebell lock looks and is extremely painful because of how it puts pressure on the arm, shoulder, neck and face and possibly more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.