Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been out of the wrestling scene since about early April, due to lack of internet. Last I remember of ROH was Black retaining the title at The Big Bang! What has happened since now that is actually worth caring about?

I could easily go through the internet and read up on it, but I rather know about whats worth a damn. Title changes, new breakout stars, wrestlers leaving, etc. I mostly care about ROH, PWG, and CHIKARA. WWE and TNA has gone to crap the few times I have watched it (though Nexus is interesting...) anyways, catch me up.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
About ROH...
-Roderick Strong is the new World Champion. He defeated Tyler Black at Glory By Honor IX (Sep. 11) on iPPV, just before Tyler left ROH for the WWE.
-Christopher Daniels made his return to the company and will challenge Strong for the title this weekend in Mississauga, ON.
-Kevin Steen & El Generico are still feuding and will have one final match at Final Battle in December. If Generico loses, he unmasks. If Steen loses, he quits ROH.
-Homicide made his return to ROH.
-Delirious is the new booker.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
PWG:

Davey retained against Hero at Seven. Hero made it all the way to the BOLA finals, but then lost to Joey Ryan. Richards then vacated the title, and there was a four-way to crown the new champ won by Claudio Castagnoli. Paul London and El Generico (Peligro Abejas) beat the Young Bucks in the finals of DDT4 to become the new tag team champs. Also, general awesomeness has occurred on a very regular basis, because it's PWG.

As for Chikara, just read WillTheBloody's recaps of everything in the Chikara thread. It'll take a while, but you'll get completely caught up on everything.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like ROH is getting back on track. Homicide and Daniels can only help the company. Kinda torn on Black leaving for WWE, but its the nature of the business.

PWG looks like its PWG. Nice to see somebody put a singles title on Claudio. To me, it seemed like he could be that great singles wrestler but just needed the right push/gimmick.

Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts