Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So apparently Bryan Alvarez and two other dudes criticized Naomi's Rumble spot

Carmella responded to it with the following retarded logic

Lol first of all Bryan Alvarez has wrestled before you dumb bitch, so do a little research before just assuming none of them have ever wrestled, i mean Bryan Alvarez is a pretty well known name among the wrestling community little diva, second of all how many times do we gotta see this dumb bullshit logic of them saying fans have no right to criticize or critique wrestlers cause they've never done it?

And her using Nasa as an example is fucking laughable, comparing pro wrestling to fucking Nasa, yeah cause pro wrestling is just as complicated as working for Nasa aint it? choreographing and slamming people aint exactly rocket science darling. But regardless this fucking logic is always flawed as fuck when they try and throw it at you, they're essentially saying no one should be able to criticize movies, books, football plays, basketball plays, if you've never done any of those things yourself you have no right to criticize something from it.

How much you wanna bet that at some point in Carmella's life shes watched a football or basketball game and gone "Ah come! you shouldn't have tried that play you should have done it this way!" guarantee you she has, everyone has cause everyone has opinions and criticisms and own ideas and thoughts by how a certain play or movie or yeah wrestling spot should be done. You don't have to have actually been a wrestler to know she should've just jumped from the table cause she clearly could have.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I popped for Naomi and enjoyed her performance, but I guess now I know it was actually idiotic and I should hate it.

How much you wanna bet that at some point in Carmella's life shes watched a football or basketball game and gone "Ah come! you shouldn't have tried that play you should have done it this way!" guarantee you she has, everyone has cause everyone has opinions and criticisms and own ideas and thoughts by how a certain play or movie or yeah wrestling spot should be done. You don't have to have actually been a wrestler to know she should've just jumped from the table cause she clearly could have.
Not quite.

It would be like Carmella having a fan opinion to a basketball game AND putting that fan opinion into the public portraying herself as an expert analyst who knows the sport better than anyone.

Meltzer and Alvaras are just wrestling fans like you and I.

When fans portray themselves as professionals, they deserve to be called out.

Search “Castration of the Marks” on youtube lol

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I popped for Naomi and enjoyed her performance, but I guess now I know it was actually idiotic and I should hate it.

Not quite.

It would be like Carmella having a fan opinion to a basketball game AND putting that fan opinion into the public portraying herself as an expert analyst who knows the sport better than anyone.

See the difference?
You do know that Bryan Alvarez and those guys are paid to analyse and critique wrestling don't you? Bryan was a wrestler and has done this for years, they aren't just some dudes at their house making a youtube video reviewing wrestling. But regardless putting your opinion and critique of something online is perfectly fine and almost everyone does it, theres literally tons of movie sites and book sites and sports sites where fans go on there and criticize and give their opinions on why something worked and why something didn't work.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,246 Posts
It was a dumb spot, but every RR has one of these dumb spots that people pop for. Did Alvarez go in that hard on Kofi or Morrison every year they had the designated dumb spot?

I don't listen to Alvarez regularly but every time I do he pisses me off by going on these obnoxious over-the-top rants about little shit, like he's the first person to ever notice screwy psychology in wrestling.

As for Carmella's opinion, literally everybody in WWE thinks the same way, it's the culture that Vince has fostered: "Fans are stupid marks who we tell what to enjoy, and they don't have any right to criticize the product because they've never worked in the business". It's annoying how much contempt the company has for us but they all say the same shit, no reason to single out Carmella.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a dumb spot, but every RR has one of these dumb spots that people pop for. Did Alvarez go in that hard on Kofi or Morrison every year they had the designated dumb spot?

I don't listen to Alvarez regularly but every time I do he pisses me off by going on these obnoxious over-the-top rants about little shit, like he's the first person to ever notice screwy psychology in wrestling.

As for Carmella's opinion, literally everybody in WWE thinks the same way, it's the culture that Vince has fostered: "Fans are stupid marks who we tell what to enjoy, and they don't have any right to criticize the product because they've never worked in the business". It's annoying how much contempt the company has for us but they all say the same shit, no reason to single out Carmella.
Yeah i don't care about her spot, it was fine i guess, Carmella's dumb ass response is what annoyed me. And yeah almost all the WWE talent are of that mindset, of unless you've been inside a ring and wrestled you have no right to criticize or have an opinion on how something should be done in it.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
It was a bad idea for Naomi. Sorry, but most fans were not impressed with Naomi's table tactic there.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The rule is you're not eliminated unless both feet touch the floor. I'm amazed at the crap psychology of these things and the very fact that wrestlers don't just hop on one leg back into the ring.

But yeah, Naomi's spot was crap. Walking on that table for what seemed like 10 mins just killed the suspense of the spot. By the time she made the bridge, fans had forgotten she was even there.

·
\m/
22,620 Posts
Yep, my takeaway from watching him and his buddies in that video is that all three are absolutely miserable when talking about wrestling.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hell if she was safe outside the ring on the announcer's table, she should have just stayed there the whole match until final 2. Not against the rules. I didn't get why she didn't just jump to the steps though. Maybe that is illegal.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,246 Posts
Hell if she was safe outside the ring on the announcer's table, she should have just stayed there the whole match until final 2. Not against the rules. I didn't get why she didn't just jump to the steps though. Maybe that is illegal.
She didn't jump to the steps because she's done it in the past, the whole point of this spot every year is to show them something new.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
The first time JoMo did a spot like that, it was kind of cool. After that...no. Just no. They're so fucking contrived. And because there is a risk it won't work, the talent can't be factored into spots coming out of it. So, if you notice, every time someone does a spot like this to stave off elimination, they are tossed a few moments later anyway.

The whole "You can't do this!" defense is so fucking stupid. And I generally don't like people using Twitter to break kayfabe and stand up for their friends. You're a public figure -- use social media appropriately. How does this company not have a policy?

·
Registered
96 Posts
See I actually liked the spot and thought it was innovative, although that's the whole thing about wrestling, you have to suspend your logic, like for example, there is no rule that says you have to enter the ring, so why not just sit ring side until the final two or like Sunday's Rumble no DQ why not have Buddy Murphy and the AOP enter the ring and help Rollins win it?

It's wrestling don't think about it too much, just try and enjoy it for what it is.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
See I actually liked the spot and thought it was innovative, although that's the whole thing about wrestling, you have to suspend your logic, like for example, there is no rule that says you have to enter the ring, so why not just sit ring side until the final two or like Sunday's Rumble no DQ why not have Buddy Murphy and the AOP enter the ring and help Rollins win it?

It's wrestling don't think about it too much, just try and enjoy it for what it is.
How the fuck is it innovative when Kofi has done the exact same spot several times? There’s nothing new or innovative about it. The only part we haven’t seen before is the table bridge which was incredibly basic and lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
How the fuck is it innovative when Kofi has done the exact same spot several times? There’s nothing new or innovative about it. which was incredibly basic and lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I liked the table spot and as you had just said the table bridge spot was new.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
You can have an opinion and all, its your right but damn man did you have to call Naomi a Motherfucker? Disrespectful

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
Alvarez is a piece of shit. He wrestled for less than 5 years total, over nearly a 30 year period. The best promotion he was in was ICW. Doing something terribly and for almost no money doesn't make you an expert on it. Following Alvarez be an asshole who complains and berates everything every wrestler does, on the idea he's qualified because of his 'experience', is more dumb than Carmella's tweet.

That said, I thought Naomi's spot was dumb and I had the same reaction as them. I think she landed on the barricade early and had to stall. Otherwise, it was poorly planned. I found it boring. She didn't do any long jumps, at least none she hadn't done before. She oversold every aspect of a lousy spot.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It was a pathetic 'stunt' from a shit performer who shouldn't have even been in the match. Same shit every year from the glowing moron. Stood there like an absolute moron on the desk for almost 10 minutes. I was rooting for the table top to break and her eliminate herself.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
It was a waste of time really. Everyone knew she wouldn't win. They could really make these rumbles exciting by giving us some unexpected winners once in a while.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,645 Posts
I watched that RR in parts with a friend of mine, who doesn`t look wrestling normal case, and he liked the Naomi spot.
The only real bad thing in this rumble was the overcontructed ending and the boring Santina part.

The problem with the WO guys: they sh$t on everything. These show will never be good enough, to have not one single spot you can go (artificial) rage about.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts