Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would imagine it being quite uncomfortable for him going to Raw and meeting the active wrestlers and answering their ''what are you doing now, are you still wrestling?'' questions, when he could still easily be wrestling in the WWE.All the other legends on Raw are fully retired or just recently retired.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I would rather see Carlito return to Smackdown. Have him go up to Lars Sullivan and spit the apple in his face. Lars picks the bits of apple and wipes the saliva off his face putting it all in his mouth and smiling back at Carlito. Carlito gets the serious douche chills, makes a run for it, as Lars is seen chasing after him cackling like a maniac getting ready to turn Carlito's Colon into a 2 lane, 2 way highway.

·
rasslin
5,575 Posts
I would rather see Carlito return to Smackdown. Have him go up to Lars Sullivan and spit the apple in his face. Lars picks the bits of apple and wipes the saliva off his face putting it all in his mouth and smiling back at Carlito. Carlito gets the serious douche chills, makes a run for it, as Lars is seen chasing after him cackling like a maniac getting ready to turn Carlito's Colon into a 2 lane, 2 way highway.
bruh

·
Registered
653 Posts
Timeline is starting to make sense. First call was probably asking if he was interested in returning and he said yes. This is when they put him in the tv ad and made an IG post with him. Then the second call came explaining it would just be a cameo instead of an actual return and he declined. Shortly after that the IG post gets taken down and he's removed from the tv ad. He has been away from WWE longer than anyone else that was advertised so there was quite a few people excited for his return. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'm still holding out hope for a Royal Rumble return and an MVP-esque career renaissance.

If he had agreed to the cameo, he probably would have worked in a sarcastic and self-deprecating comment about being considered a legend.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
He's right and I'm glad he values his time and talent. Would be nice to see him back, even if temporarily.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
They honestly should never call him again then with that attitude. You'd think he was Ric Flair or something. and Primo and Epico should be grateful they were on the roster as long as they were despite contributing nothing for years.

It's one thing to turn down their offer, but then to brag about it on social media like you're some big shot (when you're not) just makes him look like an ass imo.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Nobody would have a problem traveling for a 2-minute cameo. I think the problem is that the money (whatever they were offering him) wasn’t worth it.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
I can at least understand Flair showing up to the grand opening of a 99 cent store since he needs the money to support his 47 ex wives alimony payments,but Hogan got that Gawker money. Him and Lawler are kinda sad,they will walk over bottles of broken glass just to get 2 minute's of tv time.

Not sure about Hogan but isn’t Flair on a legends contract? I’d imagine many of those contracts involve live appearances at unspecified times a few times a year.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
After seeing how things went that show I can't blame him, the legends either did fuck all or if they did they were made to look like idiots.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,851 Posts
All the legends should have declined for the same reason he did, Flair was really the only one with anything to really do in terms of being involved in the show and storylines, all the others was just a few second cameos, which is fine if we wasn't in a pandemic and they wasn't risking their lives to travel there..

Why couldn't they book Carlito in a match? they had to book multiple wrestlers to wrestle twice anyways due to being down a few stars due to Covid i'd assume, so why not let some of the ones like Carlito who can still wrestle have a match? legends night would mean a little more if they'd let some of them wrestle, like Melina book her in a match, Carlito, Boogeyman, theres alot who could still have a match. These few second cameos are fucking worthless.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Tbh I would have loved to see him spit in someone’s face just to watch the COVID snowflakes have a stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Timeline is starting to make sense. First call was probably asking if he was interested in returning and he said yes. This is when they put him in the tv ad and made an IG post with him. Then the second call came explaining it would just be a cameo instead of an actual return and he declined. Shortly after that the IG post gets taken down and he's removed from the tv ad. He has been away from WWE longer than anyone else that was advertised so there was quite a few people excited for his return. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'm still holding out hope for a Royal Rumble return and an MVP-esque career renaissance.

If he had agreed to the cameo, he probably would have worked in a sarcastic and self-deprecating comment about being considered a legend.
I hope soo to

21 - 40 of 42 Posts