Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Raw Legends Night show on Monday night was a success for WWE and it’s more proof that stars from the past can still draw solid numbers but many fans were not happy about Carlito not being on the show, despite being advertised to be there. He wasn’t the only person who was advertised and not on the show.

Candice Michelle told Wrestling Inc. that she was falsely promoted and was never asked to be on the show but in Carlito’s case, they did try to get him on the show but he declined.

PWInsider’s Mike Johnson said on his audio show that Carlito was told what he was going to do on the show and he was not interested after he was told what they had in mind for him.

Johnson said, “I was told Carlito found out he was just getting a cameo, and said ‘Hey, but thanks, when you want me to come wrestle or do something, I’m happy to do it. I don’t want to travel across the country, just to do a 2-minute cameo'”

After Raw ended, Carlito indicated on Twitter that he wasn’t bothered by not being part of the Legends Night show.

Source: Carlito turned down WWE Raw appearance after he found out what was planned for him | Wrestling News

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Carlito's right. Why even fly these people out just to do some 30-second cameo? Especially those that can actually still wrestle.

It'd help if WWE didn't feel the need to invite every single former wrestler they could think of. Just invite a few, have some wrestle that still can, and have the others do segments or promos that are true to their character. It shouldn't be that hard.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,292 Posts
He should be happy to be called "a legend" and getting a paycheck for just standing there. What did he expect? Having more screen time than Ric Flair?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I can at least understand Flair showing up to the grand opening of a 99 cent store since he needs the money to support his 47 ex wives alimony payments,but Hogan got that Gawker money. Him and Lawler are kinda sad,they will walk over bottles of broken glass just to get 2 minute's of tv time.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Carlito is not a legend, plain and simple. The fact he's considered a legend in a lineup that consists of guys like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair is insulting.
He’s not on the level of Hogan and Flair in terms of being a star, but he is one of the few guys they were scheduled to bring in who could still have a match. There’s a lot more creatively they can do with someone who can still compete.

·
rasslin
5,553 Posts
I can’t blame him.

If you’re an active wrestler, being shoved into the background with all the old guys who have all retired is not going to look good.

They really should’ve booked him in a match, dude was one of the best mid carders they had when he was around.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts