Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey not sure if this was posted but I have not seen anything...

But can't the WWE get in some sort of trouble after Punk refereed to it as the WWF on Raw?

I know they tried to block it out but I clearly heard it on my TV set,

They have spent so much time blocking it out of old media and completely dropping the term, surely Punk can't just drop it like that and it all be ok??

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
No. And I assume the reason has something to do with "Independent Contractors," live television and a lot of other legal crap, not to mention Freedom of Speech.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Think Vince McMahon himself has accidently called it WWF on the odd occasion after the name change and they didn't get into any trouble for so I strongly doubt it

Besides I think the Panda Fuckers could do with the publicity

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
As long as they don't advertise "WWF" or show it in any videos or on any DVDs, they should be fine.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think they're legally allowed to say it without action being taken against them but can't show the WWF logo.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
It was the logo issue and copyright.

Plus mistakes are mistakes. If they honestly did try to see WWE for saying it once, in a live incident, they'd be laughed out of court.

·
Banned
401 Posts
If the World Wildlife Fund decided to sue him then YES PUNK actually could. Doesn't matter if it was displayed or spoken. You can't go on tv and say Coca Cola unless they A) just consider it a free endorsement or B)get pissed and sue.

The law doesn't work that if nothing ever comes of something you do against it, you didn't break the law? A lot of people on this forum could actually be sued for libel or harassment. That is why this forum has rules.

Newsflash for everyone on here. The law only goes as far as the people who police it. This country has so many laws that they are all becoming trivial.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I think they're legally allowed to say it without action being taken against them but can't show the WWF logo.
Didnt they use the old WWF logo when they did the old school raw? I cant remember now.

I presume they would have had to have had some agreement beforehand. I reckon they should be allowed to use it occasionally as it's part of WWE's history.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
If the World Wildlife Fund decided to sue him then YES PUNK actually could. Doesn't matter if it was displayed or spoken. You can't go on tv and say Coca Cola unless they A) just consider it a free endorsement or B)get pissed and sue.

The law doesn't work that if nothing ever comes of something you do against it, you didn't break the law? A lot of people on this forum could actually be sued for libel or harassment. That is why this forum has rules.

Newsflash for everyone on here. The law only goes as far as the people who police it. This country has so many laws that they are all becoming trivial.
He wouldn't, though.

The claim is basically "Punk did that on purpose".
What proof is there? They have to prove that it wasn't fully rehearsed, fully scripted, word-for-word and actiom by action. Otherwise it could easily just a slip of the tongue.

Unless I misunderstood your point completely, if so, sorry.

Didnt they use the old WWF logo when they did the old school raw? I cant remember now.

I presume they would have had to have had some agreement beforehand. I reckon they should be allowed to use it occasionally as it's part of WWE's history.
That was I think the classic RAW?

It's confusing but basically, the times known as the WWF have to be blurred out. I think if it's a one of or if they reach an agreement (more than likely just display a disclaimer somewhere or something), then it's fine. I'm not too sure how it works, exactly but I do remember that there are certain times it's most certainly "allowed".

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Yes but World Wild Life Foundation is afraid of Vince and Vince fucking hates them. They're lucky they managed to get WWF to change the name to WWE in the first place with that ridiculous lawsuit.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Nah, I don't think WWF would care. They most likely don't watch the WWE and would only know if people made a big deal of it.

WWE can still say World Wrestling Federation. Wish they would have decided to call it that instead of switching to WWE.

·
Banned
80 Posts
They won't get in trouble but there is no reason they won't. Technically it isn't legal but they probably don't have anyone in their organization competent enough or desperate enough to go through a legal battle with WW'E' again!

·
The Definition of Excellence
1,554 Posts
The law suit was only restricted to the attitude era WWF logo and the and the initials WWF. The old school and new generation logos they are still legally allowed to use, as well as "World Wrestling Federation." Just for those that are confused.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts