Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just seems so forced. Miz is probably the least intimidating heel on the roster. I can buy him as a coward heel like JBL but as a badass who can kick your ass? No chance. He sticks out like a sore thumb in this storyline. R-Truth is okay but IMO, Miz was the wrong choice. I was initially a fan of the R-Truth/Miz teaming because I thought they were gonna be the next great oddball team like BookDust but ever since this storyline started, I've gone sour on it.

I want CM Punk back in the spotlight. I hate that this storyline has become all about Triple H but I expected that from the beginning. I find it funny how everyone was telling me to be patient, yet it's been 3 months and it's exactly what I said it was gonna be. The storyline just makes no sense to me. Why would JR walk out on Triple H after him giving his job back? I can't help but think that if this was TNA, you would write it down on your little list of failures and whine about it on the internet. It makes no sense. The vibe I'm getting from this is, WWE would sacrifice their entire roster by turning them heel in order to make Triple H look good.

On top of that, I expect Punk and Sheamus, two guys who have had a massive problem with Triple H in the past year or so to be on his team at Survivor Series. fpalm

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
NWO would be something to complain about but Miz and Truth? These guys are no different than Santino.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
I like the Miz where he is at. He can play the heel persona perfectly, and his look is just right for it. I don't believe him to be a "badass" either, but I think he is believable as a pissed off x-employee that is willing to hurt people then cower out afterwards. Him teaming with R-Truth only makes him seem better. As you said, the "oddball team" of Miz/Truth has been everything I have wanted and more.

Punk only wanted to be the catalyst of change, which he certainly has been. I would like to see him more involved in the story than just another baby face that teams with Cena and smiles and waves and gets no mic time, but what can we do? He at least sparked all of this and so far I am not disappointed.

·
Registered
15,836 Posts
If they had played it up for a few months of a dangerous work plce then maybe it would have worked. But they hotshotted the walk out just to be controversial and now it is just stupid beyond belief.

Nexus was worse last year. McMahon himself ran a dangerous stable that wreaked havoc on the roster. In WCW you had the NWO. You've had tacs and hardcore anytime matches... seriously, this unsafe enviroment excuse is pure bullshit.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Then who would you put in their place?

I'd be pretty nervous too if some disgruntled ex-employees kept breaking into my workplace and causing a ruckus. They're doing a fine job, I don't see what the problem is. They're playing their roles almost perfectly.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
agreed with everything. Especially about the Miz lol.

·
Registered
15,836 Posts

I'd be pretty nervous too if some disgruntled ex-employees kept breaking into my workplace and causing a ruckus. They're doing a fine job, I don't see what the problem is. They're playing their roles almost perfectly.
I would leave them, add a few more and let it happen for a couple of months. They did one attack and suddenly this is the worst thing ever and the lockerroom has to walk out? Hell no.

·
Spiral Wine Glass
657 Posts

Exactly.

Reminds me of when my friend and I were fired from Best Buy though...

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I'd be pretty nervous too if some disgruntled ex-employees kept breaking into my workplace and causing a ruckus.
But if your workplace was a dangerous, chaotic environment anyway, and had been like that from the time you first started working there, then you would have no grounds to make that complaint. And that right there is the main problem with this story. It's trying to be a serious, more adult-oriented angle while expecting you to view it from a young child's perspective.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Before the firing, Miz & Truth were WWE's best comedy act in ages. When they got fired, they were still semi-comical to me, but I could take them somewhat seriously. Thanks to JR's awesome job at calling the main event at Hell in a Cell, they seem like a legitimate threat. Last night's Raw helped them too. Feels like serious shit is going on.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Drew McIntyre? Shit, I dunno. There's plenty of guys who would fit this role better than The Miz. He just can't be taken seriously when hes aggressive.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Drew McIntyre? Shit, I dunno. There's plenty of guys who would fit this role better than The Miz. He just can't be taken seriously when hes aggressive.
Agreed, Miz looks like someone that ANYONE can legitimately beat up if they saw him on the street.

There's probably like 2 or 3 other people that look just as weak, but most of the roster would be able to replace Miz in the "looking tough" department.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Kentonbomb said:
^ Good call on Drew. You can see the intensity he can bring out from the Elimination Chamber this year.

I could buy pretty much anyone not named Heath Slater more than Miz in this angle.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I know Miz isn't the biggest guy on the roster but anyone can be strong with a weapon. I think him and Truth are perfect for this because they both seem a little insane (Truth seems alot insane) and they've been successful at beating down superstars so you can understand the actual wrestler's frustration. Same with the referees, I thought they did a pretty good job. The Mark Henry brutality comes into play here too.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
But if your workplace was a dangerous, chaotic environment anyway, and had been like that from the time you first started working there, then you would have no grounds to make that complaint. And that right there is the main problem with this story. It's trying to be a serious, more adult-oriented angle while expecting you to view it from a young child's perspective.
Eh, that's a fair enough point to make. Personally, I feel comfortable with the going-ons from Raw and I enjoyed it. There are some inconsistencies, I recognize that, but at the same time, I think it's mostly the heels vs HHH and because they're pissed off with him, they've managed to warp this whole thing and make the babyfaces turn on him too. But hey, that's just my interpretation. But the point about inconsistencies is fair enough.

Nowhere near as capable of carrying it from a promo point of view. Nor is he credible enough or solidified enough.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Beth Phoenix's interjections last night were the icing on the cake of stupidity. With Vince gone they surely feel safer than before. But really it makes little sense if you think about it too much. Miz and Truths lawsuit holds no water and they would immediately be sued straight back 10x as hard. Losing control of Raw but they still come out and wrestle the show and then afterwards walk-out, makes no sense etc etc. Its best not to think about it too much I expect.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts