Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want him to turn his back on this "American" thing he has going on right now. Nothing against it, but at some point a new direction will have to form. I think changing his attitude to him talking about being The Greatest Canadian born star in the world and of all time. Canada's Finest Brew, Simply Canadian, etc. Well, "Canada's Greatest" Kevin Owens.

It stars with replacing the United States title plate to the Canadian flag. I think this would draw would huge heat and I honestly think they should keep this title on him long enough to break American born Lex Luger's United States title reign of over 500 days. Owens needs to take it up a level like we know he can. I just read a thread about anti American angles, but I like the shit talking Kevin Owens and I think he is the rare exception to an angle like this. There should be a balance of him being the greatest wrestler that Canada ever gave birth to and how much he hates American fans.

I could certainly hear Owens ripping the marks in the crowds. Telling the American fans that Canadian fans are the best fans in the world and the shows in Canada are always creating the most buzz. I would Owens recite moments in Canada with the WWE over the years. Owens is an amazing shit talker and giving him the plat form to speak on would be amazing to hear and see. Telling the fans he'll be champion longer than our current POTUS will be as President.

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
There's one major problem with the changing the belt to a Canadian belt and telling American audiences that Canadian wrestlers are the best.

It's true. Sami and Owens are some of the best wrestlers in the world. Jinder is the WWE champion. The US is inferior.

*shrugs*

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Would another all-Canadian stable work in 2017. WWE has so many Canadian wrestlers to choose from. Too bad Jericho is away right now because 1 thing he's never done is be a leader of stable.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
KO does not need to be in the midcard for over 500 days. Do not want.

Also, anti-Trump rhetoric will be thoroughly embraced by the WWE audience, who are mostly liberal. Going after him as a way to get heat will be about as effective as trying to get heat by burying Roman Reigns.

I'm Canadian, but I'm just over the feuding country bullshit. I don't care where you're from. I can't stand the Hart Family or Jinder, but Owens, Jericho, Christian, Edge at certain points in time have all been huge favourites. Entertain me and shut up about where you're from.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
Chris Jericho is Canada's Greatest though.
Canada's greatest is either KO or the guy in your avatar.

I'm sorry to Jericho... But no. Strong reliance on gimmick humor and catch phrases, and mediocre in the ring at his age. It's OK, being good at getting gimmicky humor over like a prop comedian like Carrot Top is a skill Jericho should be proud of, and his character work is very on point and everyone SHOULD love him... But anyone can take a silly concept like the list and get it over if they commit to it and have half decent comedic talent. Just stick to it for like two weeks and the ironic hipster crowd will pick up the ball for you and run with it.

As for his in ring skill, he's OK. He's impressive even for his age. But name one CLASSIC match he had since his big return. AJ? They were AJ's most awkward, least interesting matches. AJ wasn't AJ until Roman and Cena. KO at Mania? It SHOULD have been a classic, but as I expected, Jericho is incapable of 5 star matches. I don't know if that's his age or his in ring talent ceiling, but it's how it is.

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
Jericho would forever be better than Owens in my book. As much as people love to say that he overshadowed Owens during their pairing, the truth is Owens can't hold a candle to Jericho and I know that hurts many people's feelings, but it's the truth.

Reactions: The Capo

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
Jericho would forever be better than Owens in my book. As much as people love to say that he overshadowed Owens during their pairing, the truth is Owens can't hold a candle to Jericho and I know that hurts many people's feelings, but it's the truth.
Except it's really not. Owens is the better wrestler, period. He also does really interesting character work and doesn't rely on obvious shit like a literal clown.

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
Except it's really not. Owens is the better wrestler, period. He also does really interesting character work and doesn't rely on obvious shit like a literal clown.

You could make that an argument against Jericho in his current state as far as in ring ability goes because Jericho is getting up there in age, but comparing Owen's prime, which is right now, to Jericho's prime in the late 90s to mid 2000s based purely on in ring talent, Jericho is way better. He knows how to tell stories consistently unlike Owens. On to character work, as I said before, if Owens was as good as Jericho then he wouldn't have gotten outdid by Jericho last year. Getting over a list is not obvious shit. Give that gimmick to someone like Owens and he would not make it work not because he's suppose to be intimidating, but because he simply doesn't have the tools to be that entertaining with it. Jericho could get anything as small as a pinkie or as big as a table (no pun intended to the Dudley Boyz) over. Owens cannot, so Jericho is better in my opinion.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
Really makes no difference to his character or storyline as an idea.

Is SD going to have 3 'foreign heel' characters when Ru's back? That's clearly too many.

And regardless of who's the best Canadian wrestler ever, Owens is significantly worse at everything than Jericho, seems insane anyone would argue that.

Reactions: The Capo

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
Really makes no difference to his character or storyline as an idea.

Is SD going to have 3 'foreign heel' characters when Ru's back? That's clearly too many.

And regardless of who's the best Canadian wrestler ever, Owens is significantly worse at everything than Jericho, seems insane anyone would argue that.
You're actually going to try to defend Jericho as a better in ring wrestler than Owens with a straight face? You're insane.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,803 Posts
Meh, the whole country feud thing has played out. Bret Hart did it better than anyone, being a heel only in America and worshipped everywhere else.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wasn't saying that Owens is Canada's greatest. The idea was to have him claim to be. Change the plate of the United States title and replace it with the Canadian flag. He is a heel and I'm sure that would work towards some heat. Bret Hart is the greatest Canadian wrestler of all time anyhow.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts