Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a fan of Ryder ever since him and Hawkins were the Major Brothers, and I have always wanted to him succeed. I enjoy his gimmick, and I like that it can transition from dbag jersey shore style heel to crowd favorite. However, we all know that WWE does not seem to appreciate when a wrestler can get himself over. So my question to you all is, could Ryder in his current gimmick, heel or face, ever main event? Or would it require a complete overhaul?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
No. I love the guy, but his current gimmick as it stands now isn't built for a main event, plus Ryder himself just isn't ready. He needs to operate in the midcard for a while, and if he were to keep the gimmick, there's alot of jokey elements he'd have to drop to even be considered for it. In a few years who knows where he could be, as he's still pretty young and healthy, and has room to learn, but for now he needs to walk before he can run.

Fuck no. Jersey shore gimmick? Smh fuck no
Jersey Shore is a Zack Ryder gimmick.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
No. He is annoying as hell (even more annoying than Cena and thats saying something!)
He needs to drop the gimmock and fast.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Heck no.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
No.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
In his current gimmick? No hell no way. He's good enough that he can be repackaged when he's more experienced and the time comes for him to move up to the big leagues, though. I'm thinking a straight up leather jacket wearing douchebag heel.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Nope, just good for mid-card. He is where he should be. I agree he should job less though.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Zack Ryder the character can not main event with this gimmick, but one day Zack Ryder the wrestler sure can with a tweaked or new gimmick.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
we already had The Miz one of the most untalented wwe champions of all time, so what's next?

if guys like Piper, DiBiase, Rude, razor never held the gold why should a stupid dickhead like ryder be champion? I know it were different times but come on!!!!

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Zack Ryder the character can not main event with this gimmick, but one day Zack Ryder the wrestler sure can with a tweaked or new gimmick.
I like Zack Ryder and hope he gets pushed. I think a toned down version of his current character could work, the same way that it did for The Miz. However, if Ryder gets pushed, he'd have to ditch that Internet Championship. The Internet Title is a funny and amusing prop for a "jobber who couldn't win a title so he made up his own imaginary one", but doesn't make sense for an actual headliner to have.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
I like Zack Ryder and hope he gets pushed. I think a toned down version of his current character could work, the same way that it did for The Miz. However, if Ryder gets pushed, he'd have to ditch that Internet Championship. The Internet Title is a funny and amusing prop for a "jobber who couldn't win a title so he made up his own imaginary one", but doesn't make sense for an actual headliner to have.
Well if you think about a less goofy Zack Ryder character, the Internet title would be one of the first things he would ditch (probably along with the whole show). That, the goofy smile, saying WWWYKI on random backstage segments (however the "woo woo woo" in ring is way over especially when doing the corner Broski Boot), maybe the Broski T-Shirt as it looks nice for a mid-carder but not that much for a potential maineventer.

The easiest way to do this would be to turn him heel, as he has a buzz around him and his heel turn would actually have an impact with all the fans that he would "betray" along the way.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Not sure, but I sure as hell don't wanna see it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts