Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not a complicated thread, I was just thinking about this and figured it'd make an interesting thread. think of any moment in history where two guys wrestled each other a second time and on both occations you rooted for a different guy

for me the best example would be Shawn Michaels wrestling Diesel. when they wrestled at Wrestlemania 11 I was getting sick of Diesel's babyface run and loved HBK's arrogant heel persona. I wanted him to win that match so badly......fastforward to "IYH Good Friends, Better Enemies" and it was the exact opposite. Diesel had just turned into a badass heel and HBK just beat Bret Hart who happened to be my favorite wrestler at the time. I didn't buy him as the top babyface at all and hoped he'd have a short stint with the title

curious to see what you guys can come up with :smile2:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Triple H/Rock- I loved Trips grenwich snob persona and I hated the Rocky Maivia goody goody persona but once Rock became the Rock and Trips became Trips I easily switched sides.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Rooted for Stone Cold at WM 15 against The Rock but rooted for The Rock in their rematch at WM 17. Pulled for The Rock too at WM 19, even though I rarely rooted for heels back then.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Rooted for Austin at Wrestlemania 15 and 17, but I pulled for Rock at Wrestlemania 19, only because I knew it was the right time for Rock to finally go over Austin.

Rooted for Kane to beat Vader at In Your House: No Way Out Of Texas, but wanted Vader to beat Kane so badly in their Mask vs. Mask rematch at In Your House: Over The Edge, just so we could see Kane's burnt face.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
HBK vs. Bret at WrestleMania 12, I was rooting for Shawn but at Survivor Series '97, I really wanted Bret to retain.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Rooted for Eddie Guerrero when he faced John Cena in this random Smackdown match, then Rooted for Cena when he faced Eddie in that parking lot brawl.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Austin/Angle feud

They switched roles during it. If I remember correctly Angle was the heel at the beginning and then Austin turned and he was the heel and we all cheered Angle. It was definitely a fun turnaround.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
Cool thread OP.

Taker vs. Brock 2014-2015. I wanted Taker to keep the streak alive at WM, then rooted for Brock at SummerSlam with hope of him retiring Undertaker's ass.

·
Registered
15,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool thread OP.

Taker vs. Brock 2014-2015. I wanted Taker to keep the streak alive at WM, then rooted for Brock at SummerSlam with hope of him retiring Undertaker's ass.
actually, it's the exact same for me. I thought Brock had no business beating the streak having lost to HHH just a year prior. but, with the enormous momentum he's been on lately, I just didn't see any benefit out of Undertaker getting his win back at some random PPV

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
actually, it's the exact same for me. I thought Brock had no business beating the streak having lost to HHH just a year prior. but, with the enormous momentum he's been on lately, I just didn't see any benefit out of Undertaker getting his win back at some random PPV

1 - 12 of 12 Posts