Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a few people on the intermanetz saying Barrett might have to team with Cena if he wants to feud with Punk. For that to happen however, he's gonna have to turn babyface, or at best tweener. Now its easy to see from the very beginning, WWE made this into a guy you cannot like in the slightest.

How would you startegize his face/tweener turn and would you have him screwjob Cena if he even does turn?

:ns

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
It can be done, but very slowly, and they would need to include Cena a lot to make it work. However, I don't see the point in doing this at ALL, because it should be Cena/Punk, not Barrett/Punk. Barrett is an amazing heel and should just go to Smackdown where fresh feuds await him.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
It can be done, but very slowly, and they would need to include Cena a lot to make it work. However, I don't see the point in doing this at ALL, because it should be Cena/Punk, not Barrett/Punk. Barrett is an amazing heel and should just go to Smackdown where fresh feuds await him.
This

·
Registered
107 Posts
Agreed, I honestly don't want a face Barrett any time soon

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,622 Posts
He should stay heel. I hope he goes to Smackdown soon, Raw has three strong heels in Punk, Sheamus and Miz. If he stays on Raw, I fear he will get lost in the shuffle and with Kane probably retiring at WM, Smackdown needs another main event heel.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
there isn't anyone who can't be turned face. there's only people who can't really be turned heel (although they could in theory, it would just fail pretty badly in realistic terms)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
They can turn Barrett face, and it will work. Reason being: In order to be a good face, you kinda have to be a heel first or at least turn heel for a while to get the people to hate you, then when you become a 'good guy' they'll love you because it means more than someone who was just a face all along. A good recent example is Randy Orton, after being a heel for years, he becomes a tweener and was getting the biggest pops in the company despite still acting like a dick for the most part.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Barrett is on SmackDown now anyway, starting a fued with faces over there, so no....

·
My man
6,506 Posts
I don't watch Smackdown, I don't want him to go there, it's been second rate since last years draft and Wade deserves to be in the spot light still. I don't see Sheamus doing anything have him go there but Barrett is still part of this feud and have him move shows will kill any momentum he had.

·
Banned
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, on the subject of turns, when was the last time we saw a British face? Because for me it must've been William Regal during his run with Eugene :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts