Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, you can tell he is a nice guy and there is something cool about him but the man cant cut a promo, he is only good in gimmick matches, he botches all the time and has had drug issues all his life and yet people continue to love him. Why?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I hated him for the longest time during his TNA run, but I can't fully explain what turned me around to him. He has a certain charisma and a unique look to him that really feels like a lost art from his time. He can get over without the WWE machine too, which at this point is a huge plus.

He's also developed a certain self awareness over the past couple years with the "Brother Nero" stuff and more. Add that in with being one of the most iconic extreme wrestlers of all time and being a part of (in my opinion) the best tag team of all time, and I can definitely see why he is loved. Also, when he is on in the ring, he can have some really great matches.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Charismatic & great in-ring, nobody does what he does. Very good babyface. Not to mention he has the looks, the females love him.

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,099 Posts
He wasn't given the Charismatic Enigma nickname for nothing. He is genuinely a very charismatic guy, and genuine charisma not Indy hero pretend charisma that people love to act like all the Indy guys have. He's one of the most charismatic people pro wrestling has had since the Attitude Era. He's not a remarkable talent, outside of his daredevil stuff there's not much talent wise that stands out from the pack. But he has that it factor that draws you into everything he does. And he is very capable of a great match.

On top of that hes had a great career. He's an iconic "extreme/hardcore" wrestler, apart of one of the all time great tag teams and he had a very natural career progression. We saw him slowly rise up the card over like 10 years before he became a Main Eventer. I feel like that sort of push is more endearing long term than just a freight train mega push.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
At his peak he was bringing something to WWE that they had never seen before. His style was very unique.

And he represented the punk/emo movement that was really popular with the youth back in the day, which is why he was so popular and pretty much every backyard wrestler from 2002-2009 was dressed as Jeff Hardy and tried to copy him.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
He can talk & talk better than almost all the roster. (The Miz, HeymanAmbrose are exceptions)

He's charismatic & a spot monkey.

Been in the biz since 2 decades.

Had great singles career– Former World, IC champion.

One half of the one of the greatest tag team in history of WWE.

·
Registered
24,681 Posts
Because Jeff is that kid at school who marches to the best of his own drum but is just cool as shit. It's hard to explain he's just cool seeming. I mean for someone like me who grew up on him he had the colored hair which as a 6 year old black kid I didn't know you could do that with hair lol, He jumped off of shit, had a sweet outfit, he ladies was sympathetic when taking a beating, And most importantly he just seemed cool Jeff felt like a rockstar or something.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
He can't cut a promo sure and spotfests have changed a lot sure, but mic work and charisma are two completely different things and while he's not a great talker, he's a very charismatic person, he just has that aura about him of being entertaining and feeling like a superstar. Also not to mention his ring work from back in the day, sure it was spotfests but at that time seeing these matches really felt special, a lot of people who are fans of his are long time wrestling fans and grew attached to him as a kid.

Also yes he has had drug problems and the Victory Road 2011 incident should have never happened but he has been clean since then. And really if you're going to hold past drug use over a wrestler and not give them any chance you're watching the wrong business.

·
Taking another Z pack
121 Posts
He's a bit like a rockstar. Charisma off the charts, Guys want to be him, Chicks want to be with him. He's improved his mic skills and basically was the mainstream flip guy who would take outrageous risks before a lot of the guys of today. He's just cool and you cant help but look away.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
For 2 very simple reasons:

1) He's a very good looking guy.
2) His aerial wrestling style appeals to a lot of fans.

·
Premium Member
3,657 Posts
Personally never liked him in his first run in WWE and nothing has changed since. He's a spotmonkey - I get that he is over with the ladies due to his looks but he has zero in-ring psychology.

·
Premium Member
11,763 Posts
He's one of the most charismatic wrestlers of all times and can just draw you in easily.
His move-set if fun, he's just a dare devil cool guy that is fun to watch. He's very good looking as well which explains why he has huge female fanbase

1 - 20 of 42 Posts