Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
literally what is this shit, sounds like ass, skip to the outro, surely they can afford something better

]
of course they can, they just refuse to, to increase profit margins

its not like WCW is around to force them to do better, right?

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
Maybe it is cheaper to have WWE-produced themes and it saves them time from re-editing things in the future.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
of course they can, they just refuse to, to increase profit margins
There may be a sliver of truth to this but it's more because the main roster is trying to appeal to a mainstream audience so they used generic mainstream music.

NXT uses amazing music, the opening theme for the weekly NXT show is a Slipknot song.

Takeover also uses good music

Takeover NY: Disturbed

Takeover Philly: Asking Alexandria

and those are just a few examples off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
There may be a sliver of truth to this but it's more because the main roster is trying to appeal to a mainstream audience so they used generic mainstream music.

NXT uses amazing music, the opening theme for the weekly NXT show is a Slipknot song.
they can do more than that to make the experience the be it can possibly be, it's not like they can't afford it

who wouldn't want to have New Day come out to "Happy" or "Uptown Funk"

·
Registered
458 Posts
Don't think a PPV's theme really matters at this point. It isn't Wrestlemania, so what are you expecting?
In the grand scheme of things, no a PPV’s theme is the very least of the WWE’s problems right now and no it doesn’t really matter but just think of it this way.

If you’re watching RAW and a video package comes on to promote SummerSlam during the break and there’s a really cool hard hitting, exciting song playing, do you not think that it adds to the build up and the excitement?

Take My Way as the theme for WM17, how exciting was it just to watch the video packages prior to the event let alone the event itself? I was so excited back then and could watch them over and over as they were so good and the music is a big part of that!

They could easily do that nowadays but they choose not to because they simply don’t care or they simply don’t care...

·
Registered
363 Posts
literally what is this shit, sounds like ass, skip to the outro, surely they can afford something better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIXos9syzgA
I am able to tune out the garbage music chosen. But I rather have a shitty song being played hyping the ppv than being forced to watch a live performance from flo rida, pdiddy or kid rock or the other schmucks WWE has forced us to watch

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,699 Posts
Maybe it is cheaper to have WWE-produced themes and it saves them time from re-editing things in the future.
Absolutely - it's almost always cheaper to produce music in-house than to license from an outside party.

Don't think a PPV's theme really matters at this point. It isn't Wrestlemania, so what are you expecting?
Oh, it's definitely a minor issue and WWE has many far bigger problems, but I do believe that a great theme can give a PPV a little kick in the ass. WrestleMania 22 is a great example of this.

·
Registered
17,487 Posts
Absolutely - it's almost always cheaper to produce music in-house than to license from an outside party.

Oh, it's definitely a minor issue and WWE has many far bigger problems, but I do believe that a great theme can give a PPV a little kick in the ass. WrestleMania 22 is a great example of this.
Once again, it's stomping grounds... not Wrestlemania. They've always at least tried to get decent music for Wrestlemania. They're not gonna bother for some B PPV that nobody even wants. Back in the day I used to wait for the PPVs on VHS (and DVD) where most of the licensed music was removed anyway. I never sat down and went "oh this sucks, it doesn't have that generic song by Saliva on it". They seriously need to do something about that hideous mitb song they use though.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,699 Posts
They're not gonna bother for some B PPV that nobody even wants. Back in the day I used to wait for the PPVs on VHS (and DVD) where most of the licensed music was removed anyway. I never sat down and went "oh this sucks, it doesn't have that generic song by Saliva on it". They seriously need to do something about that hideous mitb song they use though.
I feel like one of the non-major PPVs that featured Orton/Cena back in 2009 had a great theme, but by and large, you're absolutely right. And which MITB song pisses you off? The one they've been using forever that used to be Donald Trump's theme, or that new one they trotted out this year?

·
Registered
17,487 Posts
I feel like one of the non-major PPVs that featured Orton/Cena back in 2009 had a great theme, but by and large, you're absolutely right. And which MITB song pisses you off? The one they've been using forever that used to be Donald Trump's theme, or that new one they trotted out this year?
The one Trump used. I haven't watched a WWE PPV since Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Takeover also uses good music

Takeover NY: Disturbed

Takeover Philly: Asking Alexandria

and those are just a few examples off the top of my head.
NUU THESE ARENT GOOD TOO, GENERIC ROCK ISNT THE WAY FOR THESE PPV'S

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,391 Posts
Cant recall a good PPV theme since Let It Rock

1 - 20 of 21 Posts