Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember buying WF Smackdown: NYR from GAME store and they had the TV's with the gameplay footage. Everyone who had a PS1 bought the game. Even though the game hasn't aged well it was a must buy back in the day. Buying the game was a GATEWAY into getting into WWE. You got to know the roster, the rosters moves, the rosters entrance themes etc. Since then the game series has turned to shit.

THQ just threw out the same shit every year with a new roster and cartoon graphics. When they went bankrupt I was glad hoping a developer with ideas would do something with the series. Well 2K15 got 4/10 scores and looking at the graphics of that Lesnar/Taker footage it looks like a very early PS3 game.

Cant they just get someone decent for a change? How about Nintendo? They could have made use of the gamepad.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
The gameplay of this years games is the best its ever been since HCTP and Smackdown vs Raw
They do need to get better graphics but then are still rebuilding the game on Yukes engine.

The 2k basketball games look great, they will get there at some point At least with 2k the series is going in the right direction

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
This year game is one the best in the seires and will only get better.

Reactions: fiddlecastro

·
Registered
736 Posts
They could, but they won't.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Also getting ride of Yukes and just letting 2k would fix a lot of it. Yukes are the lazy ones. 2k is fine, its Yukes that needs to go.

Smackdown know your role was a terrible wrestling game. It was way too fast and it was nothing like a wresting match. They are going in the correct direction now making it a SIM again and not the arcade BS, where you could take three fishers and pop up after 5 secs. They are finally going back to selling the moves again, and staying down longer when they should.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,171 Posts
Lawl Nintendo developing it would fit in with the current PG product since Nintendo only makes games for children and weird old people obsessed with childhood nostalgia.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Three decent titles out of dozens does not a good developer make.
Pretty much every major Nintendo release has been critically acclaimed so I don't know what you're talking about. They may not be to your tastes but anyone who says Nintendo isn't a good developer when they've created the most influential titles of all time are only fooling them selves.

Also OP yeah no, I don't think Nintendo would be a good fit for a WWE video game. Plus WWE would want to get the most out of something so unless they got an amazing exclusive deal. They'll want their games on the platforms with the biggest fan base. And right now Nintendo isn't one of them at least with the WiiU.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pretty much every major Nintendo release has been critically acclaimed so I don't know what you're talking about. They may not be to your tastes but anyone who says Nintendo isn't a good developer when they've created the most influential titles of all time are only fooling them selves.

Also OP yeah no, I don't think Nintendo would be a good fit for a WWE video game. Plus WWE would want to get the most out of something so unless they got an amazing exclusive deal. They'll want their games on the platforms with the biggest fan base. And right now Nintendo isn't one of them at least with the WiiU.
I never said that they were not at one time a great developer but, even you admit in your last sentence above Nintendo doesn't have the fan base it used to. The WiiU essentially failed, the Wii had great success at first but it hardly had the longevity of the other last gen consoles. To your point of their games not being to my taste; whether the games are to my taste or not why would I play a poorly executed port on a Nintendo console? Since the majority if not all of their titles that are not Mario spin offs are. It's time to face facts the company hasn't had an original idea since the early 2000's. The only thing keeping them in business is holding onto their original and strictly Nintendo licensed characters and properties.

·
The face that runs the List
10,756 Posts
EA would be worse
Nintendo have been doing quality games for years, sorry haters but Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Zelda... are awesome. I don't think they would be the best choice for a wrestling game though

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
I never said that they were not at one time a great developer but, even you admit in your last sentence above Nintendo doesn't have the fan base it used to. The WiiU essentially failed, the Wii had great success at first but it hardly had the longevity of the other last gen consoles. To your point of their games not being to my taste; whether the games are to my taste or not why would I play a poorly executed port on a Nintendo console? Since the majority if not all of their titles that are not Mario spin offs are. It's time to face facts the company hasn't had an original idea since the early 2000's. The only thing keeping them in business is holding onto their original and strictly Nintendo licensed characters and properties.
Splatoon is pretty original imo, the Mario galaxy games were pretty original as well. And the argument isn't whether their hardware is doing well or that they're not as popular anymore. It's whether they're a good game developer or not, and it's insane to say they're not because most of the time they're putting out quality titles that are well received. Nintendos biggest problem is their marketing... not their game making.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Also getting ride of Yukes and just letting 2k would fix a lot of it. Yukes are the lazy ones. 2k is fine, its Yukes that needs to go.

Smackdown know your role was a terrible wrestling game. It was way too fast and it was nothing like a wresting match. They are going in the correct direction now making it a SIM again and not the arcade BS, where you could take three fishers and pop up after 5 secs. They are finally going back to selling the moves again, and staying down longer when they should.
Probably not since 2k is just the distributor, i think you meant to say Visual Concepts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Splatoon is pretty original imo, the Mario galaxy games were pretty original as well. And the argument isn't whether their hardware is doing well or that they're not as popular anymore. It's whether they're a good game developer or not, and it's insane to say they're not because most of the time they're putting out quality titles that are well received. Nintendos biggest problem is their marketing... not their game making.
I respectfully disagree.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts