Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
It has happened, but not purposely.

A Punk/Mysterio match at some PPV, Punk was bleeding and they had to stop the match for like a minute to check up on him, and he was all: "Fuck this!" and started fighting again.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
More people popping boners over blood spots?

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
It isn't meant to, but sometimes it does. Like Undertaker vs Mysterio at the Royal Rumble. not intended, but Undertaker ended up with a busted nose (and other injuries i believe)

·
Registered
247 Posts
They aren't allowed to blade, no. Hardway cuts, however, can sometimes be unavoidable but when they do happen WWE still try to clean them up.

I'm not particularly a massive fan of people bleeding all over the place unneccessarily, but at the end of a fued or whatever its sometimes just needed. I don't understand how you can have a Pay-per-view called Hell in a Cell where most matches are inside the Cell and no one is allowed to bleed. That just doesn't register with me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^

Your 100% right Andy, some PPV's just should be on, if you can't bleed. Like the IQ match against Cena & orton a while ago, I was expecting one of them to be busted open at the end, but obviously it didn't happen.

I would ROFL if there was a random First Blood match :p

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Yeah, Hell in a Cell PPV in the PG era was a bad move. Time was HiaC matches were special, and were always brutal. But now, instead of a "satanic structure", it's just become like a box around the ring.

·
Bow down
1,419 Posts
I hate this PG crap

I wouldn't mind it if they had normal, basic matches. But to have all these gimmick matches which basically makes it hardcore and to do fuck all about it makes for terrible viewing.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
no, they can't. so if you were planning on shooting a WWE superstar in the head at a PPV, hopefully you know putty just spills out and their flimsy covering flaps to the ground.

·
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
5,600 Posts
I don't think anyone's bothered that the blood is gone, it's just that they don't like the match being stopped just because of a cut, myself included.
Nah, seen lots of people whinge and complain about the lack of blood. And people say in the TNA section that one of the reasons they watch is blood is 'used' frequently.

Can understand why people complain that they cut the flow off the match to clean it up, but it comes across as professional. Ideally, they should only do it at the start of the match, and not towards the end.

·
Registered
20,205 Posts
The allure of the Hell in a Cell, Steel Cage, and the Elimination Chamber has diminished with the loss of the blood. Some state commissions disallow blood in combative sports, but yeah, wrestlers cannot bleed at PPVs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts