Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not talking about backstage segments, where they of course pretend they are not filmed and what they say is said in secret.

I'm referring to the in-ring action, where multiple cameras are around them visibly for all. Sometimes, stuntdoubled by indie wrestlers, camera men even get involved, for example when Brock F5ed one. So to some extent, their existence is acknowledged. Another noticeable example is Cena nodding to the camera during his entrance.

But on the other hand,we had time and time again where wrestler accidentally hit friends/partner, which started of feuds. Simply watching the recorded match would solve the issue.

So I wonder, can they ackknowledge it? How far can they ackknowledge it?

·
Premium Member
14,872 Posts
Regarding partners accidentally hitting partners, I don't think re-watching the footage would necessarily solve the issue, which is that of miscommunication.

I think the only time performers being oblivious to the camera or recorded footage is a problem is when it's used against them to imply something that wasn't the case.

For example, let's hypothetically say it's Enzo & Big Cass vs. the Vaudevillians. Big Cass gets distracted, causing Enzo to get pinned. As a result, Enzo accuses Big Cass of not being there to help him out. In that scenario, looking back at the footage and seeing Big Cass was distracted would help solve the issue and absolve Big Cass from Enzo's accusations.

Overall, I don't think it's that "they can't", I think it's a case of "they don't" unless it's convenient to the bigger picture of the story.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts