Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,728 Posts
Sorry, but no. That win wasn't a clean one. Charlotte got roughed up prior to the match to open the show and the commentary team brought it up more than a few times during the title match. She was being protected to a ridiculous degree here, there's no reason why Asuka couldn't have just beat her clean as a whistle and THEN Nia take Charlotte out. The injury before the match was small, but it was still noticeable. Hence, not as clean a win as you want to believe.

A clean win would be Asuka beating Charlotte like Charlotte beat her at Mania 34. THAT'S clean.
Come on.
If you join the ring and are not forced to (e.g., title defence) it is your choice. Stop falling for that little WWE maneuvers to make everybody happy, when they booked themself into a corner. Everybody who has done sport with opponents knows that. People laugh about such people in RL, when they drop excuses. That is so ridiculous in RL. The most I love people, who start making excuses before they even lost. Why the heck they waste my time then and try to fight with me??
It was Charlotte`s choice to mess with Nia, just before she had a title match and obvisouly she didn`t see an injury in beginning. Like I said ... when we start taking that serious, then we also have to take all the REAL injuries serious, which the wrestlers are working with. Like I said, Sasha won the tag team title match with a seperated shoulder. The kayfabewise serious injury, like I said, was done kayfabewise AFTER the match.

But seriously, WWE will go on like that, if people here take this silly excuses serious. That makes the program even worse. Nobody really loses, cause everybody got an excuse. If you go to a competition and you can compete and you join the battle, then it counts! Your problems don`t count then!

For example I am a big Sasha fan, but it was her OWN fault losing the tag team title match last sunday. She allowed Regi hanging around her, she could have kicked the bottle out of the ring within 1 second, she simple could not have talked to Regi, etc. But she did it wrong and therefore it was her fault and so she lost. Not Nia`s fault, not Shayna`s fault. Shall they hang there and say: "uh oh Sasha, please sort your problems with that guy there out, so that we can beat you in 30 mins and it counts then".

·
Baby It's Violence
7,660 Posts
I don't think you understand the context. "Acting like it's good" as in it's something that should be preserved or continue. Just look at the posts in this very thread acting like it's blasphemous for Charlotte to dethrone her.
Which actually includes me lol.

But it's just because I've already seen Charlotte end her undefeated streak. I've seen her beat her and end her other title reign with a whimper on Smackdown prior to the Mania main event. I have negative interest in seeing her beat her again for any reason, even if it leads to a logical outcome because I'm sick of it. And Charlotte does not deserve any title right now in my eyes, she's just been plain bad, especially in matches with women she seems to know are beneath her.

If they wanna beat Asuka, fine by me, but can it be anybody else not named Charlotte?

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Which actually includes me lol.

But it's just because I've already seen Charlotte end her undefeated streak. I've seen her beat her and end her other title reign with a whimper on Smackdown prior to the Mania main event. I have negative interest in seeing her beat her again for any reason, even if it leads to a logical outcome because I'm sick of it. And Charlotte does not deserve any title right now in my eyes, she's just been plain bad, especially in matches with women she seems to know are beneath her.

If they wanna beat Asuka, fine by me, but can it be anybody else not named Charlotte?
You're smart enough to put your personal feelings aside and understand why Charlotte beating Asuka is a necessary evil. If we want Rhea to be MADE, she MUST go through Charlotte. No one else on that RAW roster besides Alexa is revered to that level by management or presented like they're worth a damn, but Alexa is off with the men similarly to AJ Lee in 2012.

Without even mentioning that, it just makes logical sense for Rhea to avenge the loss at WrestleMania which sent her to the bottom of the NXT card that she worked so hard to climb on top of in 2019. All of us were certain that 2020 was going to be her year, yet she spent it digging herself out of a hole that Charlotte created.

I'm as sick of Charlotte's no selling and disrespect for her peers as everyone else, but I'm willing to deal with yet another month-long reign to tell a great story and create a new star in Rhea Ripley.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
It’s sucked because they’ve had to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

It’s no fault of Asuka’s, creative has made some mistakes, but it’s not entirely their fault either.

Asuka, Becky and Charlotte is the core of the Raw Women’s division, that was ripped to shreds when Becky got pregnant and Charlotte took six months off.

You can possibly class Alexa Bliss, Naomi and Shayna Baszler as the tier below those three.

Alexa Bliss has been doing some of the best work of her career; however creative have now stuck The Fiend’s character on her, I’d rather not see her in a wrestling capacity.

Naomi went walkabouts for quite some time.

Shayna has been unfortunately tied up in a tag team with Nia.

That’s left Asuka with bottom of the barrel talent to work with, working with Lana and Zelina have been the worst parts of Asuka’s reign, Lacey Evans getting pregnant could be a blessing for the Raw Women’s division.

It will probably lead to Asuka’s reign coming to an end, but I’d happily take a core of Asuka, Charlotte and Rhea going into Wrestlemania, that would be a step up for some of the shit that Asuka has had to endure.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,660 Posts
You're smart enough to put your personal feelings aside and understand why Charlotte beating Asuka is a necessary evil. If we want Rhea to be MADE, she MUST go through Charlotte. No one else on that RAW roster besides Alexa is revered to that level by management or presented like they're worth a damn, but Alexa is off with the men similarly to AJ Lee in 2012.

Without even mentioning that, it just makes logical sense for Rhea to avenge the loss at WrestleMania which sent her to the bottom of the NXT card that she worked so hard to climb on top of in 2019. All of us were certain that 2020 was going to be her year, yet she spent it digging herself out of a hole that Charlotte created.

I'm as sick of Charlotte's no selling and disrespect for her peers as everyone else, but I'm willing to deal with yet another month-long reign to tell a great story and create a new star in Rhea Ripley.
I hate you for being right, but yeah I know this is the best scenario for Rhea if she beats Charlotte clean to avenge her loss and win the title all while at Mania.

But still, for that month she's champion, I'll be like the disapproving father glaring at the booking team and Charlotte until its off her. :LOL:

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,987 Posts
[
Because then Rhea wins by pinning Asuka and not Charlotte so it doesn't really satisfies for the redemption ark she needs to have with Charlotte.
So they should strip Asuka of the title and have Charlotte beat her again all for the sake of the Ripley story? I don’t really agree with just doing a rematch the following year. If Ripley beats Charlotte at Mania this year clean then what’s next? Charlotte is at the top of the totem pole on RAW right now. At least if she pins Asuka she can feud with a heel Asuka first then feud with Charlotte going into Spring. Or she can feud with Alexa first then feud with Charlotte going into Summer. I know this requires logical booking from WWE but I think this gives Ripley more to do. If she beats Charlotte now then it’s nothing but downhill from there.

I understand stories are important but I think in this case it will actually hurt Rhea moving forward after Mania. By pinning Asuka at Mania she’s moving upstream towards Asuka, Nia, Shayna, then Charlotte. By beating Charlotte first she’s moving downstream towards those women. It would be like the McIntyre situation in beating the best in Lesnar then fighting jobbers for the rest of his reign. It’s on WWE that things are this way but it is what it is. I don’t think the RAW women’s roster has enough depth for Rhea to beat the best of the best at the start.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Asuka has never been good just another wrestler the work rate marks obsessed over cause she a good worker. She can't can cut a promo to save her life and she acts like a clown.

NewsFlash people its more to pro wrestling then just wrestling.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,728 Posts
Because then Rhea wins by pinning Asuka and not Charlotte so it doesn't really satisfies for the redemption ark she needs to have with Charlotte.
To bad, I see the scenario, that Charlotte gets the title by beating Asuka ... to raise her silly title counter ... and then she loses it protected to Rhea, for example over a triple threat with another one eating the pin. I don`t say it won`t happen, but because of that title counter project and protecting Charlotte it could happen.

·
Manic Pixie Dream Girl
The April Witch
5,728 Posts
Asuka has never been good just another wrestler the work rate marks obsessed over cause she a good worker. She can't can cut a promo to save her life and she acts like a clown.

NewsFlash people its more to pro wrestling then just wrestling.
It's almost as if people have unique opinions and preferences...

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,893 Posts
Asuka's reign fucking blew and I don't fault her at all. Vince booked her like a afterthough Raw Woman's Champion after Survivor Series. Babysitting Lana, then playing second fiddle in a sad way to Charlotte. Had no title defense in many months since Hell In The Cell 2020. I thank Becky for giving Asuka the opporutnity in the back but Vince is a fucking moron and doesn't know how to book Japanese, Asians and Chinese wrestlers like crap. Fuck being happy about her reign at all. All of us Asuka fans are pissed off OP. Not happy with reign at all.

·
25,075 Posts
So they should strip Asuka of the title and have Charlotte beat her again all for the sake of the Ripley story? I don’t really agree with just doing a rematch the following year. If Ripley beats Charlotte at Mania this year clean then what’s next? Charlotte is at the top of the totem pole on RAW right now. At least if she pins Asuka she can feud with a heel Asuka first then feud with Charlotte going into Spring. Or she can feud with Alexa first then feud with Charlotte going into Summer. I know this requires logical booking from WWE but I think this gives Ripley more to do. If she beats Charlotte now then it’s nothing but downhill from there.
The thing is that the RAW women's division is in shambles right now. You mention Charlotte as the top of the totem pole and on paper you would be right but look at how she has been booked since her return. She has lost her last 8 matches and she was stuck in a non title feud with Lacey that she has now been saved from thanks to Lacey getting pregnant. Hell they even had Charlotte on the pre-show at the Rumble (she had never been on the pre-show before, so that's a first). Asuka while champion has been booked like a complete afterthought and they are giving people like Lana a sort of push.

The situation on that division is just dire. In cases like these bringing someone in and placing them right at the top is the right move to really shake things up and give things a fresh start. Rhea beating Charlotte at Mania is precisely that. Then you build up the division with Rhea as the cornerstone. She can have more matches with Charlotte, face Asuka and even Shayna and then eventually a returning Becky.

I don't mind it if they do Asuka vs Charlotte at Fastlane and have Rhea debut the following night on RAW to go after Charlotte. But the "slowly crawl up the card" routine really is not ideal in this case not just due to Rhea being more than ready for that top spot but also due to how poor the current state of the division is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The problem isn't Asuka. The problem is they have too many damned titles to keep every champion relevant. We don't need two world titles for either the men or the women.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,987 Posts
The thing is that the RAW women's division is in shambles right now. You mention Charlotte as the top of the totem pole and on paper you would be right but look at how she has been booked since her return. She has lost her last 8 matches and she was stuck in a non title feud with Lacey that she has now been saved from thanks to Lacey getting pregnant. Hell they even had Charlotte on the pre-show at the Rumble (she had never been on the pre-show before, so that's a first). Asuka while champion has been booked like a complete afterthought and they are giving people like Lana a sort of push.

The situation on that division is just dire. In cases like these bringing someone in and placing them right at the top is the right move to really shake things up and give things a fresh start. Rhea beating Charlotte at Mania is precisely that. Then you build up the division with Rhea as the cornerstone. She can have more matches with Charlotte, face Asuka and even Shayna and then eventually a returning Becky.

I don't mind it if they do Asuka vs Charlotte at Fastlane and have Rhea debut the following night on RAW to go after Charlotte. But the "slowly crawl up the card" routine really is not ideal in this case not just due to Rhea being more than ready for that top spot but also due to how poor the current state of the division is.
Oh I know the RAW women's division is a disaster right now and they need a huge change. But building up the division is not something that they are going to do. I'm just speaking off history. There's really no evidence to suggest that Rhea being at the top will result in the division being taken seriously. They didn't even care about it when Becky was on top. They could have built the division around her given how over she was but they still allowed it to suffer. I think we can agree that Ripley won't be as over as Becky was (at least not yet) so why would they change it for her and not Becky? They could have also built the division around Asuka and they refused to do that as well. What makes Ripley different?

I'm not really suggesting that she slowly crawls up the card, I'm saying to keep her in the main event scene with the likes of Asuka and Shayna, then Charlotte. Instead of the reverse. You suggested that they build the division to be credible so why not do that NOW with Asuka and Shayna, have Ripley run through them, win the title, then tell the triumphant story with Charlotte later? I just think its a mistake putting Ripley over Charlotte this soon knowing that they have no intention of pushing Asuka or Shayna as they should be pushed. If we knew that those two would be heated up like we all know Charlotte will be heated up, then I would have no problem with Ripley beating Charlotte at Mania. That's the difference. Charlotte will be pushed prominently regardless, despite whats she's doing now. Can't say the same for everyone else. I think we are just hoping that they take the women seriously so that Ripley can have a good reign after Charlotte but reality and history suggests otherwise.

But as it stands now, if Ripley goes on to beat Charlotte at Mania, she will then go on to feud with a comedy Asuka and Shayna who has lost all credibility running around with Nia Jax. If Ripley feuds with and beats Asuka now while she's champion, she gets one big moment now then one later against Charlotte. If she beats Charlotte now and feuds with Asuka later, she gets one big moment now and no other big moments to come later as its all downhill given how they book the women. But hey, if WWE books Asuka and Shayna strong after WMania then I will gladly eat my words.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,299 Posts
Okay, WHY does Rhea Ripley NEED to be in a world title match at Wrestlemania 37 anyway?

Rhea is 24 years old. Barring injury, she is guaranteed to be a future 5-6 time world champion.

Pete Dunne is 27 years old. I didn't mind him losing to Finn Balor for the NXT title after their awesome match recently because I knew he's just TOO good not to win any (more) world titles later in his career.

Hell, just take a LOOK at Rhea. She is pretty much the more popular, punk version of Charlotte Flair.

She is pretty good in the ring, she is really charismatic, AND she is popular with wrestling fans too. Rhea ALSO has a decade of potential left in her anyway. Rhea will definitely be a future main-event star in the division, and I bet that she will inevitably win a world championship later this year now that she's on the main-roster.

WHY rush Rhea into the biggest programs already when you can just gradually build her up into world title contention over the next few months, and save those matches with the other top stars later this year?

Nia Jax pinned Asuka last night on Raw. They can just add her (although I'd rather have it be Shayna Baszler) into a Triple Threat match against Asuka and Charlotte Flair at Fast Lane. They can have Charlotte pin Nia to win the Raw Women's title, so that Asuka challenges her at Wrestlemania 37 for the rematch. Charlotte can eventually brag over the fact that Asuka has NEVER beaten her when she's at 100%, which can then lead to Asuka finally tapping out Charlotte at Wrestlemania 37 to win back her world title.

Commit to Charlotte vs Asuka with the fan favorite winning in the end for her big moment at Wrestlemania 37 (closing the final chapter to their on/off feud), and THEN have Rhea beat Asuka for the Raw Women's title a couple of months later.

They can save Rhea vs Charlotte for later (perhaps at Summerslam since they're on the same show now).

I would've just kept Rhea and Charlotte on separate brands for around a year with the former establishing herself as a main-eventer in the meantime, but I honestly think my idea up above could potentially benefit all parties here.

Charlottes a cancer to the division, but at this point why even keep the Title on Asuka. She hasn't felt important since Bayley and Sasha got bored of her.
The “cancer” of the women’s division is apparently the woman who is apparently one of the best wrestlers in the division, who possesses SOME charisma, and who is capable of cutting a solid promo (like she did last night; but yet the ACTUAL cancer isn’t the woman who just pinned Asuka last night 😂

That’s definitely the most awful nonsense I’ve read today tbh.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts