Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
26,390 Posts
Have people suggested it's been good?

I mean she hasn't even had a PPV title defense since September against Zelina Vega.....ZELINA VEGA of all people. The women who got fired like 3 months ago. And since then has played 2nd fiddle to not only Charlotte but fucking Lana.

And the thing is, there should have been more done. After the Sasha/Bayley thing, she should have just had matches with younger, more unproven or underutilized talents like Peyton Royce, Lacey Evans, Nikki Cross, etc. Instead they did really nothing with her.

·
Premium Member
Donna Del Mondo ⭐
3,060 Posts
I'm used to WWE's shitty booking so it doesn't bother me anymore.. I know Asuka's the best talent in the women's division. That's why she's champion, they just don't know how to book her or anybody properly.

·
NBA
5,810 Posts
They should start booking her the way they book her to begin with. Fuck Vince. He certainly has put effort into booking Nia since September even though no one is asking him to do so.

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
I don't think anyone has been saying her championship run has been good. Her championship has been relegated into the secondary title on Raw for most of last year and WWE stopped building up anyone for her to take down. They rather spend time building up opponents for the tag team champions.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Asuka is one of the worst women's champions of all time. Even Kelly Kelly was booked better than her, which is sad. Booking Asuka should be incredible easy, just look at her run in NXT. Of course, she should be this unbeatable unstoppable force forever, but she should be kept strong.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I don't think anyone has been saying her championship run has been good. Her championship has been relegated into the secondary title on Raw for most of last year and WWE stopped building up anyone for her to take down. They rather spend time building up opponents for the tag team champions.
Lst me rephrase. Why are people acting like this reign is something special that needs to be protected? Each week Asuka does absolutely nothing or is backseating a bad comedic storyline does damage to her. WWE needs to stop while they're behind and fix their fuckups from last year.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Blame WWE booking, which is utter shite as usual, not Asuka. They could do great stuff with her, though the problem is they couldn’t care less.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I feel like it was over for Asuka once Banks and Bayley were off to Smackdown. She doesn't drive storylines and its clear we're just waiting for Charlotte to take the belt. It is what it is.

·
Waiting for Kawato
1,319 Posts
I don't recall seeing any such suggestion, to be honest. I do think it's safe to say that no matter where you put that thing it's going to result in the same old bullshit, so you might as well have it on a good worker, and they have it on the best one on the brand. Still, going forward Charlotte dropping the title to Rhea is the way to go so you might as well get the ball rolling in that direction.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
7,118 Posts
Her Reign sucks, Asuka doesn´t. Playing second fiddle to Charlotte when Asuka is champ makes it look even more obvious that WWE doesn´t care about anyone but Charlotte and whomever she´s up against. They could have used Charlottes time off to build something with Asuka, but instead everything just went on hold, waiting for Charlotte to make her "triumphant return"

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
15,706 Posts
Anytime someone suggests that the belt be taken off Asuka, her fans run to their keyboards screaming through their fingertips "NOOOO, THAT WOULD RUIN HER REIGN!!!" What's left to ruin? She's had ONE memorable feud against Sasha in 10 months. Everything aside from that has been extremely forgettable (she does literally nothing with the title) or embarassing (being put on the back burner for Lana).

Stop trying to protect someone who was shot dead in 2020. Her reign has been completely irrelevant since August. It's clear that they have no real plans for her and don't intend to make any. If you want to blame creative and Vince, be my guest, but don't come on here acting like dropping the belt to Charlotte would suddenly ruin Asuka. She's BEEN ruined. Just put her out of her misery, stat pad Charlotte, and crown Rhea at Wrestlemania so we can move on from this garbage that mirrors the pre Horsewomen Divas division.
So much truth in this post I wholeheartedly agree, Asuka's reign is dead in the water and needed Sasha on two occasions(SummerSlam/Survivor Series) to lend relevance to her spot as Champion.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So much truth in this post I wholeheartedly agree, Asuka's reign is dead in the water and needed Sasha on two occasions(SummerSlam/Survivor Series) to lend relevance to her spot as Champion.
The only time she's felt like a champion was against Sasha, and her fans even complained when she lost the title at that point when it was obvious that she was immediately getting it back.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,660 Posts
Yeah like nobody said that.

I enjoyed the reign personally till after the Zelina matches, because then it involved Lana and they seemingly forgot Asuka was champion the past few months, instead focusing more on Lana/Nia/Charlotte etc, all of which are way inferior currently to Asuka herself too. But that doesn't mean I want her to drop it to the completely undeserving Charlotte either, who has in all honesty been just terrible since she came back, with her blatant no selling. I've seen Charlotte beat Asuka too many times, the last thing anybody should want is for her to beat her AGAIN to cap off the reign with the worst moment of them all.

If anything, I'd rather they bring Rhea in, hype her up and have her face and beat Asuka, then face Charlotte afterwards to continue where they left off last year.

·
Standing with The Man
6,417 Posts
IIRC Asuka only defended her title on 3 PPVs since winning the title, and lets not kid ourselves here if Becky wasn't on Maternity and Charlotte didn't take a break her reign would have been over long before now. This was just a really long transitional reign nothing more and to think this will end with "Asuka getting a big win" over Charlotte at Mania is frankly not gonna happen, hell if anything she was set to lose the title to Lacey Freaking Evans at EC and be lucky to even feature on the Mania card.

Rhea v Charlotte 2 is a better angle and needs to happen, it should have happened with Rhea winning the Rumble but I digress and if we get that match now and the right outcome Rhea will be elevated to the star most of know she is destined to be. Sorry to say but a 39 year old Asuka doesn't need to beat Charlotte at Mania she gets nothing from it, nothing at all but a 24 year old Rhea Ripley beating Charlotte at Mania builds a new star and the future of the division.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts