Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anytime someone suggests that the belt be taken off Asuka, her fans run to their keyboards screaming through their fingertips "NOOOO, THAT WOULD RUIN HER REIGN!!!" What's left to ruin? She's had ONE memorable feud against Sasha in 10 months. Everything aside from that has been extremely forgettable (she does literally nothing with the title) or embarassing (being put on the back burner for Lana).

Stop trying to protect someone who was shot dead in 2020. Her reign has been completely irrelevant since August. It's clear that they have no real plans for her and don't intend to make any. If you want to blame creative and Vince, be my guest, but don't come on here acting like dropping the belt to Charlotte would suddenly ruin Asuka. She's BEEN ruined. Just put her out of her misery, stat pad Charlotte, and crown Rhea at Wrestlemania so we can move on from this garbage that mirrors the pre Horsewomen Divas division.

·
Custom User Title
6,766 Posts
People bitch about the reign because Asuka has been done dirty constantly and people want to see her succeed but Vince has no fucking clue how to book her. And this is probably her last real reign on the roster. Rhea is still very young and barring a tragic accident, will have PLENTY of time left to thrive.

Asuka is 39 and while she doesn't feel like she is, her window of opportunity to have a real memorable and good title reign on the main roster is much smaller than a Rhea or the 4hw. It also helps that Asuka is almost universally beloved by the locker room backstage. Every woman puts her over in interviews.

Meanwhile, Charlotte isn't loved by everyone, and no one but Becky has benefitted from feuding with her. And no one really gets a rub from beating her because she no sells any losses she does take.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,727 Posts
Asuka is constantly working since 2019, being heel for Becky, teaming with Kairi the same time, tag team titles, MITB, getting the title and having a reign til today. All of that withouth speaking much or having deep going feuds. Ofc some people get tired of that.
Her feud with the golden role models was okay. But since she worked with Lana and later with Charlotte, it went nowhere. The real problem: there is nobody left on a RAW on her tier. Ronda is gone, Becky is not there, Bayley and Sasha are on SD, but she had feuds with them anyway last year. Bianca is going for Sasha, so she is not there as well. Even Bliss is locked away with her power-up gimmick and the Orton feud. Zelina was fired, Mickie botched her comeback. Lacey is pregnant.

So there are only Nia+Shayna (pfffff) and ofc Charlotte left to work with. Ofc that became boring, especially when Asuka is always just the bystander and not the main person in the feuds.

... so we can move on from this garbage that mirrors the pre Horsewomen Divas division.
You went to far here.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You went to far here.
No, I didn't. Tell me how this Lana/Lacey bullshit is any better than the Total Divas storylines of 2014.

People bitch about the reign because Asuka has been done dirty constantly and people want to see her succeed but Vince has no fucking clue how to book her. And this is probably her last real reign on the roster. Rhea is still very young and barring a tragic accident, will have PLENTY of time left to thrive.

Asuka is 39 and while she doesn't feel like she is, her window of opportunity to have a real memorable and good title reign on the main roster is much smaller than a Rhea or the 4hw. It also helps that Asuka is almost universally beloved by the locker room backstage. Every woman puts her over in interviews.
It's been 10 months. We're WAYYY past her being able to have a good reign. That window closed when Sasha and Bayley dropped the tag titles and stopped carrying RAW. Asuka's reign has been unsalvageable since then.

Meanwhile, Charlotte isn't loved by everyone, and no one but Becky has benefitted from feuding with her. And no one really gets a rub from beating her because she no sells any losses she does take.
None of this matters. We're talking about building a feud that people care about and making Rhea's crowning moment special. Beating the woman who derailed her career last year will elevate Rhea by default.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yeah, this is a straw-man argument if I've ever seen one. Most Asuka fans are unhappy with the reign, and simply want her to get some good title matches with some credible opponents in, and perhaps a WM win. After that, whatever.

I think most would be fine with her getting one big clean WM win over Charlotte, and then later dropping the title to Rhea. If Creative's intent is to make the division like the Divas era, that'll continue regardless of whether or not Rhea is on the show/in the title picture. It's ALL on Creative, and not on the performers.

ETA: And hey, the Carmella/Sasha/Reginald stuff is pretty Divas-era as well. That's also on Creative.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who's been saying it's good? I like Asuka and it's sucked, but I want to her to get a win at WM. I don't care if she loses the belt after that.
A cold Wrestlemania win will do nothing to redeem this awful title reign.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
13,299 Posts
Who the hell even claimed that Asuka's current world title reign was "good"?

Her fans are understandably unsatisfied with her current run, but hey, we need to twist the narratives here in order to justify your need to see your favorite get crowned at Wrestlemania 37.

The creative team is obviously mishandling her Raw Women's title reign by booking her as a background character.

I love how the OP is taking his irrational anger out on Asuka and her fanbase. That nonsense doesn't even surprise me 😂

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The writers got nothing to do for her because she can't speak lol
Her English is passable. Joshi reigns just generally suck because no effort is put into them. Look at Io and Shida's reigns. Japanese women are typically relied on strictly for match quality.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,727 Posts
I think most would be fine with her getting one big clean WM win over Charlotte, and then later dropping the title to Rhea.
Stop that!
She had a clean win over Charlotte already, just before Charlotte got her pause. It is funny to see, that some wannabe Asuka-fans tried to talk this bad, cause Charlotte and Nia had trouble before. Charlotte came out healthy and didn`t sell an injury on the way to the ring. Was her choice to join the ring, so it was a clean victory. The real beatup from Nia was after the match!
Sasha Banks won the tag team belts with a really seperated shoulder btw.

Asuka shall go out there to show great matches and that is what her fans should care about. It is not about to repeat silly accomplishments again and again, until some strange guys on WF are happy with all parameters. And if Dave says afterwards, that Charlotte or whoever had a headache 5 weeks before a match, the sillly accomplishment still won`t count in some peoples opinion. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,392 Posts
I think the OP is projecting frustration from something else that troubles him. Think he's salty because his dream team of Sasha and Bianca were pretty much awful at EC, especially Bianca. They weren't even reading the same book.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,607 Posts
Stop that!
She had a clean win over Charlotte already, just before Charlotte got her pause. It is funny to see, that some wannabe Asuka-fans tried to talk this bad, cause Charlotte and Nia had trouble before. Charlotte came out healthy and didn`t sell an injury on the way to the ring. Was her choice to join the ring, so it was a clean victory. The real beatup from Nia was after the match!
Sorry, but no. That win wasn't a clean one. Charlotte got roughed up prior to the match to open the show and the commentary team brought it up more than a few times during the title match. She was being protected to a ridiculous degree here, there's no reason why Asuka couldn't have just beat her clean as a whistle and THEN Nia take Charlotte out. The injury before the match was small, but it was still noticeable. Hence, not as clean a win as you want to believe.

A clean win would be Asuka beating Charlotte like Charlotte beat her at Mania 34. THAT'S clean.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,607 Posts
Who's acting like Asuka's reign is good? A blindfolded Ray Charles could see her current run sucks. Started okay, but went downhill reeeeeeally quick.

It looks like the road is leading to another Mania match with Charlotte, and if I were booking, Asuka would get the win, clean as a fucking whistle. I want her to have another win over Charlotte on a much bigger stage than just a random episode of Raw, and I DON'T want Charlotte going into it with a small injury that plays into the finish. If Asuka's beating her, it's when Flair's at 100%. That last match they had on Raw was such bullshit in that sense. I say all of this as a massive Charlotte Flair fan, by the way. Doesn't mean I won't call a spade a spade.

After Mania, hell, have Rhea take the belt from Asuka and pump some new blood into the title scene. As long as Asuka gets a clean win over Flair at Mania, they can do what they want afterward. I'm not saying it'll correct the previous months of being overlooked and treated as a pawn in lame soap opera angles, but it would go a fair way in restoring some legitimacy to Asuka's name. She really needs it.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
19,064 Posts
Hate to say it but Japanese women make terrible champions in the US, Io's a good wrestler but her reign has been rather meh and not memorable at all, Asuka as stated in this thread has had a terrible and boring reign, over in AEW Hikaru Shida's reign has also been terrible and utterly boring as was Rhio's.

These Japanese women just have no mic skills, and are mostly just good wrestlers and thats it, they come out and wrestle good matches and thats it. None of them have real characters and none of them can cut a promo.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Who's acting like Asuka's reign is good? A blindfolded Ray Charles could see her current run sucks. Started okay, but went downhill reeeeeeally quick.

It looks like the road is leading to another Mania match with Charlotte, and if I were booking, Asuka would get the win, clean as a fucking whistle. I want her to have another win over Charlotte on a much bigger stage than just a random episode of Raw, and I DON'T want Charlotte going into it with a small injury that plays into the finish. If Asuka's beating her, it's when Flair's at 100%. That last match they had on Raw was such bullshit in that sense. I say all of this as a massive Charlotte Flair fan, by the way. Doesn't mean I won't call a spade a spade.

After Mania, hell, have Rhea take the belt from Asuka and pump some new blood into the title scene. As long as Asuka gets a clean win over Flair at Mania, they can do what they want afterward. I'm not saying it'll correct the previous months of being overlooked and treated as a pawn in lame soap opera angles, but it would go a fair way in restoring some legitimacy to Asuka's name. She really needs it.
That's my point-literally nothing would legitimize this title reign, so there's no reason to act like beating Charlotte would salvage anything or losing to her would bury Asuka or ruin this title reign. It's beyond saving. Trish could lay down for her at Wrestlemania and no one with sense will look at it favorably, so now that we know (for a fact, it was easy to guess) that Rhea is coming, the best thing they can do for the future of the division is to have Charlotte beat Asuka now and transfer the belt to Rhea at Wrestlemania to complete her year long redemption tour and solidify her as the next big thing.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts