Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know where to post this and I don't know if it deserves it's own thread but I am really happy and can't believe that Vince let AJ Styles main event Wrestlmania

I know there are 2 main events so he shares it but I still don't care

AJ Styles came to the WWE 4 years ago and he has really exceeded everyone's expectations of treatment even the most optimistic ones didn't expect these accomplishments
2 World Titles with long reigns
Beat the FOTC John Cena clean in his first year
Won the WWE Championship in his first year,too
Became the face of Smackdown Live till he got drafted to RAW
He became the first man to win the WWE Championship in UK
Won The US title at MSG
One of the few guys to get great matches from Brock and The Undertaker in the last few years
Has high caliber matches in previous WM's he has been (Chris Jericho,Randy,Shane,WWE Champ VS Nakamura)
Main Eventing Wrestlemania against The Undertaker

AJ Styles has really done it all everywhere and now obviously he has one of the best pro wrestling careers I have seen in my life.
He has really cemented himself as one of the greatest of all time and IMO the greatest of this generation or the last decade.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well, the show looked very strange to me and this was the only thing worth watching. In a odd way it's still main eventing Wrestlemania just like tonight's final match.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,696 Posts
I think if anyone knows me enough as well as @Ace and other AJ Marks then you won't be surprised with the amount of gratitude and support i give to AJ as one of the all time greats between those ropes and as a tremendous success everywhere he went, He was a Top star in all major promotions he's been in and it's well deserved.

On a side note he also had really standout matches with Roman Reigns and of course his first match against Seth Rollins last year too mind you, I'll go ahead and say his match with Samoa Joe at Super showdown 2018 made up for the lack of definitive match flow from their first two PPV bouts despite putting on classics in TNA(I just had to mention that since i hated Joe constantly going over AJ in that lousy promotion)

So yeah a very admirable and selfless ego in the wrestling business.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
" I am really happy and can't believe that Vince let AJ Styles main event Wrestlmania"

Is that considered a main event when the show is divided in segments. lmao I would not be happy
for something like that.
Yeah it counts as Main Event,the only difference this year that it has 2 main events(1 for each night) not 1 but this still can be considered as a Wrestlemania Main Event.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
He was always special talent. I have been a fan since early years in TNA. Never would I have ever believed that he would one day be this successful in the WWE and mainevent WM with the undertaker no less.

He has done it all and If anything, it further consolidates that he will definitely retire once his contract is up.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,453 Posts
Forget kayfabe achievements, his body of work and classic matches speaks for itself. Not even a debate he is one of the best of his generation, it's about where he ranks on an all-time list.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
I first discovered AJ in TNA when i started watching that, i didn't really watch NJPW but made a point to watch his WrestleKingdom match with Nakamura. I was so excited when AJ debuted in WWE and as others i was sceptical about the success he would have due to not being 'WWE made' but he surpassed all expectations.

·
Premium Member
10,218 Posts
For sure.

He was one of my favorites in mid-2000's in TNA, how could you not enjoy watching him in the ring?
He was pretty much Face of TNA, on top of NJPW and had a HOF run in WWE where he accomplished everything in 4 years.
He's had some bangers matches in WWE as well Ambrose, Balor, Cena, Bryan.. HOF career in 3 companies.

·
Registered
436 Posts
AJ's work in TNA and NJPW alone was enough to cement him as the absolute GOAT. I never expected him to get much of a run in WWE, maybe a stint in NXT with a new name. However, the fact that he has achieved this much is very surprising. Don't get me wrong, he absolutely deserves this treatment, I just never saw it comes from WWE! Hats off to Vince!

AJ Styles has really improved his mic skills. Was one of my problem with AJ.
He always was a bit sloppy in TNA on the mic, he's really upped his game since beginning in WWE.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,012 Posts
I don’t think main eventing Night 1 counts as main eventing Wrestlemania. You can’t really spin that to be true just because WWE says it’s a two night show. The last match at the end of the entire event is the main event, which was Drew vs Brock. The Boneyard match, as great as it was, wouldn’t main event a one night show. But yes, AJ has had an awesome career. There’s nothing left for him to do now except win the Rumble, but at this point he’s above that. The Rumble win is not as prestigious as it once was. I just wish that WWE showed Samoa Joe the same love. Damn shame.

If he wanted to close his career out on the highest note, he would go over to AEW to face Kenny Omega in his last match. Back to the Indy type scene where he started. Everything comes full circle. But that’ll never happen. His WWE retirement match will be against Baron Corbin at WMania. They’re gonna do that man dirty on the way out like they did Kurt.

·
Premium Member
12,422 Posts
AJ for sure is in the top 3 current active competitors. Greatest of all time, top 20 for sure.
Longevity, ability, character and mic work.
I started watching this man when he was putting on clinics with Joe and the like in the x-division. Seeing how far he has come - his wrestling ability and his character work.

·
Baby Yoda
29,564 Posts
Yeah, main eventing night 1 isn't really main eventing WM in my books but I'll take it as a semi main event which is better than anything I expected.

He also finally got his WM moment with a big star like Taker and left has left a mark in the WWE.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
I do hope AJ Styles gets to properly main event a WrestleMania before he retires.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts