Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That Ricochet is one of the worst wrestlers ever to be pushed?? No, not a troll post, you know me by now. This guy is just terrible.

I don't understand any of the hype for him. I'm not a fan of Mysterio, never have been but I can understand why he's popular, same with The Hardyz and many others..but this guy is one of the worst promos I've ever seen and his matches are the same every single time he comes out. I don't understand the hype. And yes, I'm very aware of Prince Puma but my opinion stands.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,766 Posts
I honestly can't stand him. Every time his music hits I want to break my TV. I don't know who backstage keeps deciding to give him and his pre-teen voice a microphone.

He is the epitome of a geek. I can't believe they're doing Lil' Ricky (that was pretty funny by AJ) vs Lensar over Lashley/Lesnar. The kids love him though and he gets decent reactions, so I guess they gotta do what they gotta do.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
He sucks in a lot of ways but then again they push Seth and Corbin too and they aren't exactly great. Ricochet has potential to be a big star but his promos suck and they keep having him cut promos. He should have spent more time in NXT or just find a way to work around his lack of charisma.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He sucks in a lot of ways but then again they push Seth and Corbin too and they aren't exactly great. Ricochet has potential to be a big star but his promos suck and they keep having him cut promos. He should have spent more time in NXT or just find a way to work around his lack of charisma.
His promos are a nightmare to listen to. Just absolutely horrible. I compare him to Mysterio but at least Rey could at least cut a decent promo or get the crowd on his side.

@prosperwithdeen dude, agreed. You're one of my favorite people on this site for a reason. I can let it go when a wrestler is simply unpolished at promos but this guy has had plenty of time to progress..he never will and he's terrible. I dread his push.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NXT or not, he was a big star in LU and he had a cool gimmick but couldn't cut a promo there, he will never improve. I think Seth is good as a heel and Corbin can legitimately be a top guy but there are multiple people who are underused. Bobby Roode for example, should be a ME talent. But Ricochet gets a huge push. ?

·
Premium Member
16,738 Posts
He's consistent. He's young. He's not good in tag teams. He relies on WWE creative for his material.

Everything Vince likes. I enjoy a high spot every now and then, but I'm bored by his character. I love him on multi-man matches is about it.

He's also a guaranteed gif every show. That's valuable for their Twitter

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's consistent. He's young. He's not good in tag teams. He relies on WWE creative for his material.

Everything Vince likes. I enjoy a high spot every now and then, but I'm bored by his character. I love him on multi-man matches is about it.

He's also a guaranteed gif every show. That's valuable for their Twitter
Oh absolutely, by company standards he's the man but in reality he is shit and he defines what is wrong with wrestling today.

I'm not against guys who do high spots, not at all but this guy just sucks at everything he does.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think it’s WWE because I liked him a lot more pre Wwe.

Same with AJ styles when he was in NJPW and ROH.

I hated Dean Ambrose and thought he was absolutely terrible but Moxley is such a better character.

Broken Matt > team extreme Matt
Bullet club > OC
EVP Cody > Stardust
Juice Robinson > CJ Parker
Bully > bubba
Rhino literally anywhere else > rhino in WWE
Shawn Spears > Tye Dillinger
War Raiders > Viking Raiders
Kushida was a star in Japan and treated like an afterthought in wwe

I don’t want to put the blame on little Ricky just yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,246 Posts
Not defending him, but he was treated way better in NXT wasn't he? Either way, yeah his mic skills suck. I wonder if he turned heel if it would elevate him? Get him MVP as a manager lmao

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not defending him, but he was treated way better in NXT wasn't he? Either way, yeah his mic skills suck. I wonder if he turned heel if it would elevate him? Get him MVP as a manager lmao
I just think he sucks overall, I don't like being 'that guy' I've been watching wrestling since 1995 and I usually respect the art and give everybody a chance..but this guy is awful across the board.

·
Registered
16,246 Posts
He lacks two major key components: Charisma
I just think he sucks overall, I don't like being 'that guy' I've been watching wrestling since 1995 and I usually respect the art and give everybody a chance..but this guy is awful across the board.
He lacks 2 major key components: Charisma & Mic Skills, ill even add a third, In Ring Psychology (although in fairness to him he's sold a few good moves in the past)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I think it’s WWE because I liked him a lot more pre Wwe.

Same with AJ styles when he was in NJPW and ROH.

I hated Dean Ambrose and thought he was absolutely terrible but Moxley is such a better character.

Broken Matt > team extreme Matt
Bullet club > OC
EVP Cody > Stardust
Juice Robinson > CJ Parker
Bully > bubba
Rhino literally anywhere else > rhino in WWE
Shawn Spears > Tye Dillinger
War Raiders > Viking Raiders
Kushida was a star in Japan and treated like an afterthought in wwe

I don’t want to put the blame on little Ricky just yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds like bias
Team Xtreme Matt > Broken Matt
Moustached Cody > EVP Cody
Dudley Boyz Bubba > Bully
Shawn Spears still sucks
War Raiders aren't any different really. They're similar in ring and I don't remember much of their gimmick stuff

I will give you Bullet Club, for obvious reasons. Juice is one that has gotten wayyyy better since leaving. Rhino has had the same gimmick everywhere he's gone.Kushida just got there

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He lacks two major key components: Charisma

He lacks 2 major key components: Charisma & Mic Skills, ill even add a third, In Ring Psychology (although in fairness to him he's sold a few good moves in the past)
In ring psychology is #1 for me, it defines a pro wrestler. But again, I'm an old school fan who grew up on in ring psychology. I personally enjoy Rollins and Black and all the other guys who are unique, but Ricochet doesn't have it, he's a low card wrestler at best in any other era. Even Mysterio, who to this day I can't stand, brings more to the table than Ricochet.

·
Team AEW
2,920 Posts
Eh, he's pretty bad, but he's not getting pushed. He's a placeholder challenger to Brock, just as he's a placeholder on this show. As was said above, he's a flippy guy who creates gifs for twitter. He's not gonna be anybody, nothing to worry about.

·
FOTC
10,493 Posts

He's always been cringe to listen to. He can do some cool moves, but that's about it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts