Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you hear the pops those 2 got last night. Probably 2 of the best pops of the night, and it was from a dead, piss poor crowd. The fans love these guys. I know AJ is a part-time main eventer, but he has the goods to be THE guy (see late 2009). Aries could be an awesome main eventer too, but, I feel like he should be a heel, it suits him way better. Does anyone agree that TNA needs to take these 2 out of tag teaming with Garrett Bischoff and put them at the top??/

·
Registered
253 Posts
TNA have dropped the ball with AJ almost every single time they've given it to him they give him a start but there just isn't any follow up to that and with Aries you can see that the bookers have taken a lot of time and consideraation into him and he'll mst likely be main eventing sooner rather than later

·
Registered
11,690 Posts
I dont think it should be the main main event but second to last. Fued will happen true and it will be good.

What im confused on is Aries becoming a face.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i would have had AJ come out last for lockdown imo. i already guessed RVD was going too however. not hating on RVD at all though.

·
Registered
12,136 Posts
The business has change so much in the past 25 years. Nowadays, you have to strike while the iron is hot or else you will get failures like Wade Barrett and Samoa Joe. Five years ago, I would of been like keep building Aries up but the fans want him now, he is a great wrestler, great talker, can play both heel and babyface, have a decent look. In my opinion, he is a stronger babyface than Storm right now and is hotter. You have 6 months to build towards Bound For Glory, Aries vs. Roode???????????????????????

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
AJ is a main eventer still, how the hell can TNA have AJ headline every PPV well giving Roode a long title run build up Storm give Bully Ray the title well making Joe a monster again. Think about it the IWC are nuts in what they expect from TNA, AJ will hold the title again but it`s not his time again yet and he has already headlined two PPV`s with Roode not long ago. How ever I would love to see a AA and AJ feud for the x division title plus be great to Tanahashi come in for a few months to face Aj.

·
Premium Member
5,918 Posts
Aries is an inch or two too shirt. He just doesn’t come across as legitimate. I know you guys are going to bring in Guerrero and others, but Guerrero on WWE’s cocktail of drugs was a much bigger man. I personally wouldn’t have had a problem with a much smaller Guerrero being in the main event in WCW circa ’97, but I’m not your casual fan. They just don’t come across as a legitimate threat. Robert Roode and Bully Ray treating Aries like a midget doesn’t help. Once again, TNA will be putting up the wrestler’s hurdles. If they persist with the underdog transitional route to the ME, it will significantly hurt Aries. As for AJ Styles, that ship has sailed. There’s just no character development there. He’s jumped through hoops for them, but they haven’t treated him well.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

this Aries could take on anyone and i would buy it, Aries in A-Double mode i can only buy as a chicken-shit heel against bigger guys. Aries needs to change his look now that he is a face.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm just dissappointed that they dropped Aries vs Shelley feud so quickly. It gave us few excellent promos and TNA's match of the year so far.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Id love to see them both as legit main eventers. But dont think so at least now.
As others says AJ vs AA feud for X title can bring some level to the X Division. Couple show ending matches or segments/promos X title could be WHC at WWE. Two big titles. Get rid of TV title and turn into hmm National Title. Mid card wrestlers held this one.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
Austin Aries - Yes, absolutely

AJ Styles - No, unless he goes to WWE. He's been there, done it in TNA. There's nothing left for him to do, including maineventing, it would still be stale. If he wants to be an entertaining maineventer, he should go the WWE and have fresh feuds with the likes of CM Punk, John Cena, D Bryan and Randy Orton. Watching him have match #102445 vs Christopher Daniels or James Storm ain't cutting it anymore.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It doesn't matter if they are in the main event or not.
They should be wrestling every week, beating people in good matches.
Then slowly build for a match, I would create a title for it.
The TNA North American Title.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If AJ Styles had been main eventing every PPV since 2010 like everyone wanted him to he would be John Cena right now to most people. Over exposed on TV and people wouldn't want to see him anymore. TNA has a group of people who should main event, but you can't have them all main eventing at once.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
No doubt OP. Both are amazing in the ring, but aries is better as an all round performer. But out of both AJ is being misused so much that its so hard to watch. Aries I believe could be world champ by next year easy if they keep building him the way they are, and put him in some high profile matches to show that he belongs, which he does already imo.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Can we also agree that roode and storm should be main eventers? wait there's only place for two...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts