Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this feud is really beginning to look good. they finally building kane over taker. i just hope their match at NOC is good

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I really have no interest in the feud. Back in 1997 it was fresh. We pretty much know it will be Taker going over in the end.

·
Registered
996 Posts
It looks different but it will have the same ending with Taker being the one on top.
But I'm starting to liking it too.
When I first heard about the feud starting, my reaction was 'man.. not again...'
But after watching Kane playing mind games on 'Taker, I'm starting to enjoy their segments a bit more now.
I think their NOC match will be pretty good too.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,839 Posts
That's like a new Indiana Jones movie topping Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Conceivable? Perhaps. Likely? GTFO.

The Undertaker vs. Kane from '97 and '98--with its dark, slowly unveiled backstory, powerful promos by Bearer and Undertaker, shocking debut for Kane in a pivotal and historic match (made all the more pivotal and historic by his debut) and overwhelming sense of anarchic sprawl, exhibited in various ways such as Kane attacking almost innumerable members of the roster in his and Bearer's quest to draw Undertaker into a fight he was determined to resist, culminating seamlessly at Wrestlemania XIV--is nearly untouchable in how to construct a spectacular angle of that nature. The fact that they were able to milk the first two acts for so long (well over half an entire year) leading into Wrestlemania and it never truly dragged is a monumental achievement.

Taker-Kane, Vol. XXXIII will have a difficult time in even beginning to match that, much less top it.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
It is incredibly difficult to top the first feud. It was red hot, unexpected, cutting edge, both men were in their prime, and it was like nothing they've ever seen before. It was brilliantly planned, had some real emotion, it was long, had twists and turns.

It, was, epic.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
No. The original feud was so personal and unlike anything that had been done up to that point in the wrestling industry. It introduced a new force to be reckoned with to the company in Kane while also adding a new, more human dimension to Taker's character. This feud has been done very well so far and showed how much of an asset to the company Kane is but it's going to have the same stale ending that every one of their feuds up to this point has had.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
It is incredibly difficult to top the first feud. It was red hot, unexpected, cutting edge, both men were in their prime, and it was like nothing they've ever seen before. It was brilliantly planned, had some real emotion, it was long, had twists and turns.

It, was, epic.
This.

Hiplop™;8807132 said:
no ,but it can still be great
This too.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
You can never top the original, but I am liking this feud compared to any of the feuds they've had since. Kane is delivering some amazing promo's, and seeing Kane with the upper hand the whole feud is refreshing. I expect Kane to pin Taker clean at NOC, maybe have Taker taken away in a casket, only to return at HIAC with Paul Bearer, inturrepting a Kane HIAC match, the same way Kane debuted. Then a match a Survivor Series to end it all.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Probably not top it, but can be just as great. Kane is doing an awesome job IMO. The whole storyline IMO has just made it stand out from just being another Kane vs Taker feud. Kane will and should go over Taker at NOC. And then the next ppv as well before he will most likely then lose it to Taker. Although i would book it for Kane to go over finally.

Compared to Taker. Kane still has a good two years left in him IMO if he wanted it. And logically, if Taker retires at the start of next year, Kane should retire him and replace Taker as the new phenom for the remainder of his career.

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
The only thing I don't like about this feud is Kane's laugh after every other sentence. Other than that, I think this could be the second best ever.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
It looks different but it will have the same ending with Taker being the one on top.
But I'm starting to liking it too.
When I first heard about the feud starting, my reaction was 'man.. not again...'
But after watching Kane playing mind games on 'Taker, I'm starting to enjoy their segments a bit more now.
I think their NOC match will be pretty good too.
This. The promos are actually shocking me because they're making The Undertaker appear weak. That's new, fresh, and fan-freaking-tastic.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I still think that there is NO WAY that this can top the original. My bad lol.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I'm enjoying the feud this time around, but the first was just too epic and too many memories from it. Also with today being PG, I don't think it could top it anyway.

That burning of the caskets on the stage will forever stay in my head. lol

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Really enjoying the feud but I'm not sure it can top the first one, which was one of the best storylines WWE have ever put together in my opinion. Still, I really don't have a problem with these two feuding again, they're made for each other.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
It will probably get on the level or even top Shawn Vs. Undertaker from this year, and I have no doubt that this feud will be the feud of the year, at least for me. But it will not top their first feud, it will/has already topped their 2003-2004 feud, but it will never top the original Kane Vs. Undertaker.

·
The Man
15,248 Posts
The original Kane/Undertaker storyline is quite easily one of the best storylines the company ever had... I'd even say the second best, right behind McMahon/Austin.

This storyline is shaping up better than I thought it would, and Kane is actually cutting some great promos (I always thought he was underrated), so I think it could easily be their second best feud. I just hope Kane goes over a few times, at least.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts