Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that's probably his character now, but he's become so unwatchable and seems to get worse each week. He stands there like a complete goof while people are not tagging, using illegal moves and objects and he is there with a plain look on his face. I don't mind a little fuckery here and there but this guy is pretty much fuckery all the time.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Make him a heel ref in the tank for the Bucks. Even explain away his shitty reffing overall because he referee's to the Bucks style since they gave him this AEW job etc.

There was an early BTE where Bucks surprised Knox in a indie match ring with an AEW contract offer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You can blame the refs, (and yes Rick Knox is particularly bad) but every referee is buried when you have some of the wrestlers such as the young buck who pay no attention to the rules / don't give a fuck about burying the ref by cheating right in front of them. When was the last time you remember a DQ finish. It's very rare - yet nearly every match has some sort of interference / rule break. It's beyond ridiculous.

·
Hiding in the shadows
1,777 Posts
This happens in all promotions, every week. "Getting your shit in" is the point of the match when it all happens, one guy at a time, one move at a time. In my opinion, that's what I find to be goofy in a match. I don't think I've ever seen a tag-team match, bell-to-bell, occur without some type of shenanigans (heel beatdown, fake-tag, babyface comeback) either inside or outside the ring. They're not only there to count to three, but to give the match drama and excitement until that three count, not kill it.

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make him a heel ref in the tank for the Bucks. Even explain away his shitty reffing overall because he referee's to the Bucks style since they gave him this AEW job etc.

There was an early BTE where Bucks surprised Knox in a indie match ring with an AEW contract offer.
I mean it would make sense at this point, he can pull a WCW Nick Patrick i suppose

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,446 Posts
I know that's probably his character now, but he's become so unwatchable and seems to get worse each week. He stands there like a complete goof while people are not tagging, using illegal moves and objects and he is there with a plain look on his face. I don't mind a little fuckery here and there but this guy is pretty much fuckery all the time.
He's worse than Nick Patrick during The Alliance, and Nick was SUPPOSED to be an awful heel ref.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
All AEW referees are ridiculously horrible except Paul Turner, and he's forced to ref the same style as all the others anyway.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
None of the refs enforce any rules so they're all bad.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
It's terrible and NJPW is hardly the place to model after for US wrestling
Not to mention NJPW usually only lets people get away with stuff when it happens outside the ring. If someone does something illegal right in front of the ref inside the ring, they get disqualified.

·
Registered
AVALONS #1 FAN/ AEW REVIEW BO$$
2,452 Posts
The issue I've had is continuing a pitfall count when a shoulder is clearly not touching the mat, the most recent example being Darby's rollup win.

·
Angry at refs
4,824 Posts
While the refs in AEW aren't great, and most of the time shit, Knox is by far the worst offender and is by far a fucking travesty to the company.
It's painful as fuck to watch matches that he's involved in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts